Question about Ultra Wide 29 inch vs 27 19

Jun 5, 2018
Hi,

Current build
Ryzen 5 1400
Rog strix 1070
16 gb ddr4 2400mhz
Ssd and hdd

Currently have a 29 ultra wide LG @ 75hz resolution : 2560 × 1080. : http://www.lg.com/us/monitors/lg-29UM58-P-ultrawide-monitor

I am thinking of buying a 27 inch 144hz freesync msi curved monitor and i wonder if ill see difference? Will it improve my game?
https://www.msi.com/Monitor/Optix-G27C2/Specification

Im a PUBG player. And with current setup, runs at 80 pretty stable with the 29 ultra wide. But its demanding alot on my GPU the 2560 x 1080, so im thinking that wiht a 1920 x 1080, i should be able to get very close to 144 FPS, maybe not super stable, but close.

Any help or input would be greatly appreciated. Please.

Solution
Yes.
Curved at that ratio & size is a downside, not a plus. (curviture distorts horizontal lines, is ok when employed on large 34" ultrawide ratio monitors becasue they are so wide. Idea is to 'wrap' around the viewer)
1ms to 5ms , doubt you or i could tell difference. 90% of people.
Youre losing 2" of screen area and below 30", every cm counts.
Youre losing resolution.

Thats just the aesthetics. Regarding your original question for gameplay advantages, you will be worse off because of the decreased field of view.

All that for extra hertz? no way jose
Jun 5, 2018

Sorry im french, so i might understand not correctly. Your saying that if i go with the 27 inch curved 144hz monitor, 1ms refresh, its gonna be a downgrade to my 29 ultra wide, 5ms refresh and 75hz?

fredfinks

Honorable
Yes.
Curved at that ratio & size is a downside, not a plus. (curviture distorts horizontal lines, is ok when employed on large 34" ultrawide ratio monitors becasue they are so wide. Idea is to 'wrap' around the viewer)
1ms to 5ms , doubt you or i could tell difference. 90% of people.
Youre losing 2" of screen area and below 30", every cm counts.
Youre losing resolution.

Thats just the aesthetics. Regarding your original question for gameplay advantages, you will be worse off because of the decreased field of view.

All that for extra hertz? no way jose

Solution