Question Question about upgrading ssd's.

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Hey i currently have 2 normal ssd's and thinking about upgrading to a M.2 ssd, currently looking at the WD Black SN850 but my question is would i see much of a difference for anything? Like game loading times or not really? My Mobo is gen3 so i wont be getting the full speed of the SN850.

Edit: Current ssd's are Samsungs 850 and 860 evos

Technically the NVME SSD is faster than your current SATA SSD.

But if you know that your mobo is a bit old for it, you can wait until your next mobo upgrade, by that time the NVME SSD price would have been lower.

Hi Im Col

Honorable
Apr 17, 2017
Technically the NVME SSD is faster than your current SATA SSD.

But if you know that your mobo is a bit old for it, you can wait until your next mobo upgrade, by that time the NVME SSD price would have been lower.
I mean my current read/write is like 400 and the M.2 will be about 3600? Currently that one i said is about £130 with a heatsink for a 1TB. So would i see much of a difference because if i would i dont mind spending the £130 but if its pretty much a no i wont bother till i get a gen4 mobo.

Hey i currently have 2 normal ssd's and thinking about upgrading to a M.2 ssd, currently looking at the WD Black SN850 but my question is would i see much of a difference for anything? Like game loading times or not really? My Mobo is gen3 so i wont be getting the full speed of the SN850.

Edit: Current ssd's are Samsungs 850 and 860 evos
Short answer is......no.

ASK THE COMMUNITY