Question Question about UPS/Inverter compatibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxxbabyxxx

Reputable
Dec 4, 2020
Hello,
  • We have a 1750va UPS that's providing power to 3 computers. - It last an hour and 15 minutes usually..
  • UPS is connected to 2x Deep Cycle batteries, both brand new 100ah.
-

Question:
- Can we buy an Inverter with bigger batteries that would last us hours, and plug the UPS into the inverter? would that be safe or a good idea?

would it be safe to do that? we didn't want to plug the PCs directly into the inverter incase of small outages where inverter wouldn't be able to immediatly supply power (which outages happen here daily non stop/often)

Photos of our UPS (THIS IS FROM GOOGLE, OURS SAYS 1750VA)

_1_.jpg

_2_.jpg

_3_.jpg

Any other suggestions/Ideas? Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

xxxbabyxxx

Reputable
Dec 4, 2020
NEVER EVER under ANY circumstances EVER daisychain UPS's/Inverters, EVER. If you need more hold time then purchase something with longer hold time and REPLACE what already exists.
Dang, on quora or whatever some technician guy was saying it was safe to plug a PURE SINE WAVE ups to a pure sinewave Inverter but i wasn't 100% thats why i asked here :/ I guess if I use an inverter I have to sacrifice the UPS completely huh?

xxxbabyxxx

Reputable
Dec 4, 2020
Okay thanks I'll close this and post a different one with details about the inverter. (y)

(For some reason I can't see Vote up or Select Best Answer to this thread? anyway if a mod can do it that would be nice.)

Status
Not open for further replies.