[SOLVED] Question about usb c to hdmi connectivity

Dec 2, 2020
Hey folks,

So i have an asus zenbook 15 inch 2020, with 1 monitor connected to the HDMI (the monitor is 24 inch Samsung C24FG70FQU, now i want to connect a second external monitor, but a splitter is not an option because i want a separate monitor not a duplicate, i tried a hub (Green Cell GC HUB2 ) but i was not able to make it work, it wont power the monitor, and i was told i need an external power supply (that i was not able to find on a budget only 50-80USD+

Now i want to order this and try it out https://www.amazon.co.uk/Adapter-Th...s=Baseus+USB-C+to+HDMI&qid=1606914350&sr=8-16

do you think it will work ? i am asking only because i live in a country where shipping from amazon or other such places takes weeks/month. And return is not really an option :D

Do you think that this thing can power my monitor without an extra power supply ? As it is said just plug and play ?

Thank you to any one who is replying and helping me out here with this

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Yeah should work, long as your notebook can display video out from usbc port.

Reactions: tixo

rgd1101

Don't
nope
"The laptop still gets 2x USB-A slots, one USB-C gen2 (with just data, no video or charging support) "

laptop with hdmi port most likely don't offer usb-c with video output. Same with power, if it got a dedicated power port, no usb-c charging

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Check the USBc port. If it's got D written next to the USB logo then it's display capable.

Might not be display capable but check. What specific model is your laptop?

Laptop's having a Hdmi port doesn't mean there's little chance of it not having USBc video port. I've seen various models with both ports helping those wanting to run higher Hz monitors.

Solution
Dec 2, 2020
Cheers folks, thank you very much for saving me time and trouble of ordering differend cables and dongles just to figure out in the end the hard way and lose time.

Reactions: boju