Question Question about when my DAS for video storage gets full?

May 14, 2023
I may have a silly question to some but what do I do when my external DAS for video storage and recent working projects gets full? I have a promise Pegasus 32 r6 in RAID 5 and I’m almost full. What’s the typical next step: upgrade all the drives to larger ones, or just buy a new Pegasus and start filling that up?

Figuring out this whole storage solution for all my media is such a pain to figure out - and I create about 2TB new data every couple months.

I never clear my cards until projects are delivered and I have mirrored cards, work off a Sandisk SSD, store on Pegasus for archive and backblaze for cloud backup… but I just keep filling up drives… help

USAFRet

Titan
I may have a silly question to some but what do I do when my external DAS for video storage and recent working projects gets full? I have a promise Pegasus 32 r6 in RAID 5 and I’m almost full. What’s the typical next step: upgrade all the drives to larger ones, or just buy a new Pegasus and start filling that up?

Figuring out this whole storage solution for all my media is such a pain to figure out - and I create about 2TB new data every couple months.

I never clear my cards until projects are delivered and I have mirrored cards, work off a Sandisk SSD, store on Pegasus for archive and backblaze for cloud backup… but I just keep filling up drives… help
~1TB new data per month....

How much of that do you actually need to keep?
All the intermediate files as you build, or just the final product?

Another external module of 20-30-40TB would last you 2-3 years at your current usage.