Question Question about which MIDI to USB Cable for iPad Air 3

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Hi,

I just bought a digital piano (Kawai ES110) whith just MIDI 5 pin out which I want to use for my iPad Air 3. I have a Camera Connection Kit and am thinking about getting a LEKATO MIDI to USB Cable (https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08J466...6H1QM5MY&psc=1&ref_=list_c_wl_lv_ov_lig_dp_it).

I'm wondering if buying the LEKATO USB-C version will provide any benefit over the regular USB version as the iPad Air (3rd gen) still has a lightning connector. Will a USB-C still work but won't have the benefit of more speed or will there be stability or connectivity issues and should I get the USB or even the USB-C version?

Any feedback is appreciated. Thanks.

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Perhaps this video could serve as a guide? So in essence a hub is what you need.
No sorry. I know how to connect through many options (even Bluetooth) for the ES110 but I'm exclusively interested in the difference of USB connectors of this cable.

At first I was gravitation towards the iRig MIDI 2 but that's four times as much expensive and after researching I concluded a simple LEKATO cable would do. Just wondering about be USB connector.

Spiritos

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2013
Thanks.I'll just get the USB-2 version then as this is both the cheapest and in potential the fastest.

It does however beg the question why LEKATO offers three versions. Ofcourse the C- connector has a different shape but as the USB and USB 2 versions seem to offer no difference and their data transfer speed superseeds MIDI there's no point in producing and selling both. Surely there's an angle to it. Anyways, for my purpose it will probably suffice.