[SOLVED] Question Below

Nov 15, 2019
Hello. I have a question regarding my custom-built computer. Just to clarify, since it might help, my computer consists of these parts: CPU is an AMD Ryzen 5 1600 Six-Core Processor, 8 GB of RAM, GPU is a Radeon RX 570 Series, and my Motherboard is a GIGABYTE GA-AB350M-Gaming 3. My question is this: when I turn on my TV (which is part of my dual monitor system I have if that matters) to play a video game or do homework or just merely browse the internet, when I move my mouse around for the computer to “turn on" and recognize that I am wanting to use it (which hopefully that makes sense), the TV sometimes says “no input” meaning the computer doesn’t recognize the mouse moving? I’m not entirely sure how to word that question... lol. To clarify better, when I want to use my computer, I normally sit down at my chair and I turn on my TV. Then I move my mouse around a bit so the computer is now in use and I can see what I’m doing, hopefully making more sense now. I have my physical computer on all the time, I just turn off my TV when I am done using the computer. And my question is, why when I move the mouse (if I follow my procedure that I just described), does the TV still say “no input?” I have to turn off my computer manually and turn it back on for it to work. I want this problem I've run into to stop so I don't have to turn it on and off again like that; AKA I just want to be able to sit down, turn my TV on and move my mouse around so I can then use my computer. My OS is Windows 10 as well, if that makes a difference. Anyway, thank you all for helping me, and let me know if you have any questions/additional information to help me solve my issue!

Solution
I am assuming the monitor in you setup turns on ok when the tv is saying 'no input signal'.
Not in any particular order:
Check for a firmware update for your tv, try another tv, try another connection method like Dp or DVI ( you may need to check for a firmware update for your GPU)., see if fastboot is enabled in your bios and turn it off., disable PCI link state saving in Advanced power plan settings in windows.

If neither display is waking up then you have an issue with sleep and you should follow the usual troubleshooting

popatim

Titan
It might be your TV.
I have 2 tv's connected to PC's and neither do this. The living room tv will actually turn on when it senses the HDMI port has become active. My bedroom PC doesn't but it doesn't have the problem you describe. We've forgotten to turn it off before and it wakes right up when we turn the pc back on.

Nov 15, 2019
I
It might be your TV.
I have 2 tv's connected to PC's and neither do this. The living room tv will actually turn on when it senses the HDMI port has become active. My bedroom PC doesn't but it doesn't have the problem you describe. We've forgotten to turn it off before and it wakes right up when we turn the pc back on.
I'm not really sure what that means? But what should I do?

popatim

Titan
I am assuming the monitor in you setup turns on ok when the tv is saying 'no input signal'.
Check for a firmware update for your tv, try another tv, try another connection method like Dp or DVI ( you may need to check for a firmware update for your GPU)., see if fastboot is enabled in your bios and turn it off., disable PCI link state saving in Advanced power plan settings in windows.

If neither display is waking up then you have an issue with sleep and you should follow the usual troubleshooting

Solution
Nov 15, 2019

Okay... thanks...

TRENDING THREADS