[Question] Dual Pentium III - Intel i440GX

Furry Fox Vixen

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Hi I have been looking around and haven't been able to find anything about over clocking on the Intel i440GX Pentium III Xeon motherboard the bios obviosly dosen't have overclocking support, but i was wondering if there are programs of the sort that could give the ability to overclock on the Intel i440GX chipset?

Yours
Vixen

kiren

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
i440GX was a server & workstation class chipset, these typically focus much more on stability and features than things like overclocking. It's fairly unlikely that there is any way to overclock it. Machines of that age were also much more rudimentary in their overclocking support, often the speed was set by DIP switches to set the FSB & multiplier, if so their settings are likely silkscreened (printed in small white letters) on your board. They may be very simple and only support 'official' settings like 100 & 133 FSB.

Furry Fox Vixen

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Yes indeed I know it is a server machine, and the bios is warp os/2 so no overclocking firmware wize...

But thank you for telling me about the silkscreen thing i diden't know about that ill have to take it apart and see what I can find...

Thank you anyway though :)

P.S Its a real mess inside this thing lol

You could try a software overclocking tool, but it's unlikely that such a tools clock generator will work well with an uncommon board. Even if you manage to find something that works, don't expect a big overclock as you will likely be limited by the chip set.

Furry Fox Vixen

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
I know...

I think the chipset supports upto 133mhz so its not that bad 2261mhz for dual pentium 3's, but yer finding a program that is going to support it is going to be hard, I have already try 17 different tools so I don't think its going to happen...

But the system itself runs perfectly as it has dual pentium III's at 1.7ghz, 2gigs of sdram running at 133mhz and a Nvidia GeForce Ti 4600 128mb is not too bad for its time :)

Furry Fox Vixen

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2010
Noway this thing has been with me since its release no way i'm going to replace it... maybe in another 5-10 years :lol:

P.S I have a website and 5 game servers running off this thing with no lag or system strain :D