-GTX 960 strix 4 GB
-i5 6600
-HDD 1 Tr
-SSD 240 GB
-monitor 1600x900 samsung (2011 buy)
-power supply coller master 500W

and i has already purchase, mobo MSI VDH pro B450 Max
and, i wanna buy ryzen 5 3600 for proc,, for VGA this is confusing me
between RX 580 and GTX 1660, for price GTX at least 50$ more expensive than many 580, but i also consider the power consumtion. can you guys give me the insight?

and lastly i wanna ask if my monitor will occur problems?, because i didnt want to change monitor just yet, maybe half year later

Solution
At lower resolution the CPU is more typically important. All this is really dependent on the game you're playing, resolution and refresh rate of the monitor. What refresh rate is the monitor?

The RX 580 is considered a good 1080p graphics card, so will also do well for a lower resolution display. There's less work for it to do.

For precise PSU information, it's best to check the requirements of the actual graphics card you intend to purchase. Likelihood is your PSU may not be able to power the RX 580. If you intend to go the RX 580 route, then it's advisable to upgrade your PSU as well.
What's the precise issue?

With respect to the graphics card power consumption the RX 580 requires more power. (As a generality this tends to be true for AMD graphics cards when considering the same performance levels or thereabouts.)

What problem are you expecting with the monitor? Display inputs? Check the back to see what you have and reference those to the graphics card's display outputs to see if they're directly compatible.

MR DJimsy

Reputable
Sep 5, 2019
What's the precise issue?

With respect to the graphics card power consumption the RX 580 requires more power. (As a generality this tends to be true for AMD graphics cards when considering the same performance levels or thereabouts.)

What problem are you expecting with the monitor? Display inputs? Check the back to see what you have and reference those to the graphics card's display outputs to see if they're directly compatible.

Its not an issue just yet, just curious if my setup will be making an issue later, for power consumption, are my PSU can handle RX 580?
for monitor, people just have higher res 1920x 1080 for that GPU, is there any peformance issue because i used the lowest res monitor, than my GPU can handle

and with that setup (MOBO, proc, i wonder whats best RX580 8GB or GTX 1660)

At lower resolution the CPU is more typically important. All this is really dependent on the game you're playing, resolution and refresh rate of the monitor. What refresh rate is the monitor?

The RX 580 is considered a good 1080p graphics card, so will also do well for a lower resolution display. There's less work for it to do.

For precise PSU information, it's best to check the requirements of the actual graphics card you intend to purchase. Likelihood is your PSU may not be able to power the RX 580. If you intend to go the RX 580 route, then it's advisable to upgrade your PSU as well.

Solution