[SOLVED] Question for all you old timers and industry insiders...

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018
How long will this extreme shortage of next gen GPUs last? I gamed on a PC in the early 2000s and just got back into it 2 years ago with the rtx20 series. At that time I had no problem going to NewEgg and buying a 2070. When I was a teenager I had no problem buying newly released components, as well.

Is this normal and when can us guys that can't sit in front of a computer all day hitting refresh, snag a 3080 or 6800xt?

Last edited:
Solution
The "zombie apocalypse" a.k.a. COVID-19 has also impacted supply chains significantly. New product roll outs in recent years have been limited in size as well.

I suspect things will improve for the current batch of new toys in the next 3-4 months.

COLGeek

Cybernaut
The "zombie apocalypse" a.k.a. COVID-19 has also impacted supply chains significantly. New product roll outs in recent years have been limited in size as well.

I suspect things will improve for the current batch of new toys in the next 3-4 months.

Reactions: bpanugget
Solution

bpanugget

Reputable
Aug 17, 2018

I guess I can keep my 2070 for a while longer. It's starting to creep at 1440p, but not bad enough to pay a scalper double MSRP for a new card.