[SOLVED] Question for best audio?

Mar 3, 2020
Hello,

This is my first post, so I apologize if its in the incorrect place.

So Ive been playing around trying to get the best sound, please let me know if what I did makes a difference, or revert back to original settings.

Please keep in mind my set-up is aging. So I have my desktop hooked up to my TV and a monitor. Initially, I had my Klipsch 2.1 speakers hooked up to my desktop's motherboard via analog (3.5mm) using onboard audio (Realtek).
As my TV is hooked up to my graphics cards via HDMI, I ran the 2.1 speakers through my TV via L/R splitter and adjusted settings. Now it says audio is coming from my TV via AMD (High Definition Audio Device).

Is my audio now "digital" since it is hooked up to the TV which in turn is going through an HDMI to my computer (graphics card)? Did this do anything? Should I revert back, because its not really doing anything? Please help!

Solution
Hello,

So Ive been playing around trying to get the best sound, please let me know if what I did makes a difference, or revert back to original settings.

Please keep in mind my set-up is aging. So I have my desktop hooked up to my TV and a monitor. Initially, I had my Klipsch 2.1 speakers hooked up to my desktop's motherboard via analog (3.5mm) using onboard audio (Realtek).
As my TV is hooked up to my graphics cards via HDMI, I ran the 2.1 speakers through my TV via L/R splitter and adjusted settings. Now it says audio is coming from my TV via AMD (High Definition Audio Device).

Is my audio now "digital" since it is hooked up to the TV which in turn is going...
Hello,

Is my audio now "digital" since it is hooked up to the TV which in turn is going through an HDMI to my computer (graphics card)? Did this do anything? Should I revert back, because its not really doing anything? Please help!
Yes HDMI sound is digital going thru your GPU. It's "digital" all the way to speaker outputs on your TV, speakers themselves are analog of course.

Solution
Mar 3, 2020
Yes HDMI sound is digital going thru your GPU. It's "digital" all the way to speaker outputs on your TV, speakers themselves are analog of course.

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. So is this better than what I previously had? I notice the sound is louder, and imo slightly better. I am an audiophile, and look for nuances in sound, but I could be fooling myself. Is this an improvement? Thanks again for your reply, it means a great deal.

-Mark

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the response. So is this better than what I previously had? I notice the sound is louder, and imo slightly better. I am an audiophile, and look for nuances in sound, but I could be fooling myself. Is this an improvement? Thanks again for your reply, it means a great deal.

-Mark
All sound from computers and other digital devices like new TVs start as digital which if further changed to analog for speakers thru a CODEC (Coder-Decoder) chip. They are mostly same quality but what comes after them is analog and has all kinds of preamps and filters and quality of those is most influential for sound quality.
Going further from there comes amplifier in speakers and speakers themselves of course. That part is not dependent of where analog sound signal is coming from.