• Our team is working to address issues posting quotes or media to the forums. Please bear with us as we get this sorted out.

Question Question For Dell S2721DGF Owners (Or 1440p in General)

Rukeith

Honorable
Oct 14, 2014
I've been eyeing this monitor as my entry into 1440p as it's on sale here for a very good price but have a few questions/concerns i'd like to ask any owners of this monitor:

1. How noticeable is the lower contrast ratio when compared to other ips/tn panels? I'm ok with blacks looking more dark grey, I've never had or even seen a VA/OLED so if it's not all that bad or distracting then i'd be ok with it
  2. How well does 1080p video content fair in 1440p? I doubt i'd ever be gaming at a lower than native resolution so that won't be a problem, but for things like YouTube, twitch or Netflix does it look fine compared to a native 1080p display?
  3. If you came from a 24" 1080p display, is the change in PPI compared to its 27" 1440p display notably sharper?
  4. Do you have any regrets? what are downsides you've found if any?

For a comprehensive review I suggest reading through https://www.rtings.com/monitor/reviews/dell/s2721dgf

For the things that the review doesn't cover
How well does 1080p video content fair in 1440p? I doubt i'd ever be gaming at a lower than native resolution so that won't be a problem, but for things like YouTube, twitch or Netflix does it look fine compared to a native 1080p display?
It's not distracting enough to be a problem in my opinion.

If you came from a 24" 1080p display, is the change in PPI compared to its 27" 1440p display notably sharper?
Slightly, but not as significant as jumping from a 27" 1440p to a 27" 4K. I'd say if you're fine with 100% scaling without squinting, which I'd argue is doable by most people on a 27" 1440p monitor, you're not going to have that nice "retina" effect.

Do you have any regrets? what are downsides you've found if any?
Zero regrets going to a 27" 1440p monitor.

ASK THE COMMUNITY