Question for the 100% guys

I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
may have been required for 100% completion.

Any thoughts guys?

I did the bike ones from SF to LS frequently,
on both play throughs of the game.
Second play-through, didn't do the Smoke's
money one, chasing the Patriot from LS to SF, at all.
Thanks in advance.

"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
> may have been required for 100% completion.

Nope. I ignored them. Figure I'll mess with them during my second time
through.

--cleve

"Luke §ynchronizer" wrote:

> I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
> may have been required for 100% completion.
>
> Any thoughts guys?
>
> I did the bike ones from SF to LS frequently,
> on both play throughs of the game.
> Second play-through, didn't do the Smoke's
> money one, chasing the Patriot from LS to SF, at all.
> Thanks in advance.

I've never bothered with 100% personally but here's a link to a 100%
guide so you can check what you've done against it

http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file/grand_theft_auto_sa_100_percent.txt
--
Paul (That’s what keeps me down)
Stop and Look

In message <t94661d4qmesurp0l32pavs4h8oepbc5m3@4ax.com>
Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:

> I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
> may have been required for 100% completion.

I didn't do either of them, and I've got 100%.

Btw, I read somewhere that the Patriot that's used in one of them is
bullet-proof or damage-proof.

Cheers,
Rob

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
> may have been required for 100% completion.
>
> Any thoughts guys?
>
> I did the bike ones from SF to LS frequently,
> on both play throughs of the game.
> Second play-through, didn't do the Smoke's
> money one, chasing the Patriot from LS to SF, at all.
> Thanks in advance.

Just a way of making some dosh as far as I know.

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

"Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> In message <t94661d4qmesurp0l32pavs4h8oepbc5m3@4ax.com>
> Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:
>
>> I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
>> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
>> may have been required for 100% completion.
>
> I didn't do either of them, and I've got 100%.
>
> Btw, I read somewhere that the Patriot that's used in one of them is
> bullet-proof or damage-proof.
>

> Cheers,
> Rob
> --
> .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.

I can't be sure but I think it blew up the first time I tried the mission.
I didn't know what to do so I started shooting. But it's a while since I did
it.

On Sun, 17 Apr 2005 20:45:34 -0700, "Cleve" <clevens@cox.net> wrote:

>"Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
>>I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
>> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
>> may have been required for 100% completion.
>>

>Nope. I ignored them. Figure I'll mess with them during my second time
>through.
>
>--cleve

Thanks...now to get chiliad challenge out of the way :)

"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message

> "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message
> > In message <t94661d4qmesurp0l32pavs4h8oepbc5m3@4ax.com>
> > Luke §ynchronizer <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote:
> >
> >> I read somewhere that the drug/money courier missions,
> >> issued from Cesar's phone call to Carl,
> >> may have been required for 100% completion.
> >
> > I didn't do either of them, and I've got 100%.
> >
> > Btw, I read somewhere that the Patriot that's used in one of them is
> > bullet-proof or damage-proof.
> >

> > Cheers,
> > Rob
> > --
> > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
> > | / \| \ | | || ||| /__\ | mflt35@dsl.pipex.com
> > | \__/|__/ |_|_|| |||__\___ | Wimbledon, London, England.
> >

> I can't be sure but I think it blew up the first time I tried the mission.
> I didn't know what to do so I started shooting. But it's a while since I
did
> it.

The Patriot blows up..... and no these missions are not required for 100 %

jesse

On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:44:45 GMT, "jesse" <lordprofessor@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message
>>
>> "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

>> > I didn't do either of them, and I've got 100%.
>> >
>> > Btw, I read somewhere that the Patriot that's used in one of them is
>> > bullet-proof or damage-proof.
>> >

>> > Cheers,
>> > Rob
>> > --
>> > .__ __ |__ |__ .|__ __ | Rob White, Half Man Half Biscuit.
>> >

>The Patriot blows up..... and no these missions are not required for 100 %
>
>jesse

Thanks.
Got a strategy for the Chiliad Challenge races?
Passed the first one....
It's all I have left before 'End of the Line' and 100%.
Love *that* mission, done it like 10 times without saving.
Chiliad's killin' me. :-o

Razor

Distinguished
Jun 18, 2004

> On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:44:45 GMT, "jesse" <lordprofessor@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Rob White" <mflt35@dsl.pipex.com> wrote in message

>>The Patriot blows up..... and no these missions are not required for 100 %
>>
>>jesse
>>

> Thanks.
> Got a strategy for the Chiliad Challenge races?
> Passed the first one....
> It's all I have left before 'End of the Line' and 100%.
> Love *that* mission, done it like 10 times without saving.
> Chiliad's killin' me. :-o

As I said before....Grrrr to the Chiliad challenge. ;-)

> "Luke §ynchronizer" <Luke @TheForce.com> wrote in message
> > On Wed, 20 Apr 2005 21:44:45 GMT, "jesse" <lordprofessor@hotmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >

> >>"Razor" <razor@kickcole.ie> wrote in message

> >>The Patriot blows up..... and no these missions are not required for 100
%

> >>jesse
> >>

> > Thanks.
> > Got a strategy for the Chiliad Challenge races?
> > Passed the first one....
> > It's all I have left before 'End of the Line' and 100%.
> > Love *that* mission, done it like 10 times without saving.
> > Chiliad's killin' me. :-o
> >

> As I said before....Grrrr to the Chiliad challenge. ;-)

Chilliad blows balls, wait until the third race. I've tried everything, the
minute you shoot another racer you lose. The second race is long enough that
you don't have to be in first place the whole time. Your best bet is to try
it a couple of times, learn the kinks, quarks, and curves. Tap *X* furiously
on the straight-a-ways and always use the combination of square and L1 to
break, never just L1 by itself as you won't have control.

After a while you will just get lucky the racers will fall off the edge.

Another note for the third race, concentrat really hard on staying on the
boardwalk. Watch the other 2 bikers (they ride it like professionals) just
mimmick them and pedal like a crazy man after you get off of the boardwalk.
Again practice practice practice...... eventually you will get it.

jesse

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 00:45:00 GMT, "jesse" <lordprofessor@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>%

>> > Thanks.
>> > Got a strategy for the Chiliad Challenge races?
>> > Passed the first one....
>> > It's all I have left before 'End of the Line' and 100%.
>> > Love *that* mission, done it like 10 times without saving.
>> > Chiliad's killin' me. :-o
>> >

>> As I said before....Grrrr to the Chiliad challenge. ;-)
>>

>Chilliad blows balls, wait until the third race. I've tried everything, the
>minute you shoot another racer you lose. The second race is long enough that
>you don't have to be in first place the whole time. Your best bet is to try
>it a couple of times, learn the kinks, quarks, and curves. Tap *X* furiously
>on the straight-a-ways and always use the combination of square and L1 to
>break, never just L1 by itself as you won't have control.
>
>After a while you will just get lucky the racers will fall off the edge.
>
>Another note for the third race, concentrat really hard on staying on the
>boardwalk. Watch the other 2 bikers (they ride it like professionals) just
>mimmick them and pedal like a crazy man after you get off of the boardwalk.
>Again practice practice practice...... eventually you will get it.
>
>jesse

Thanks man. I've read alot about Cobra Run.
Still, nothing like first hand experience advice,
so, thanks a bunch. I'll get lucky, eventually.
Patience and practice.