Question for the Community Manager or Forum Admins

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Hello all, I couldn't find a better place where this posting would make sense...

I have a question for the Admins or Community Manager regarding what I can or cannot (or should not) do. I did read the sticky on rules, but this question falls outside everything mentioned there.

Since spam is a definite concern all around, if need be I can provide my email address and message back and forth that way. I promise I will not send you cat pics.

Unless that helps my cause...

Solution

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Well, I'm the Lead Tech for VisionTek, and we want to be available to answer questions or address concerns about our products. So, the basic stuff would be is there a problem using the Company Logo or something drawn from it as part of my profile picture, and if having a signature bar that directs folks to the site would be considered spam? I'll be keeping an eye on this and other forums, and if I interact with folks regarding a product concern (politely and professionally, of course), would that be acceptable? I'm not going to be acting as a sales person, but I might share news of interest.

Basically, it's your house, your rules. In this respect I am not much different than a Community Manager for my company, but even when I am gaming I strive to be respectful and polite if I am visiting a server.

I'll be interacting on the usual level as well, not just VisionTek stuff soley; I took a long break from forums, but I guess it is time to get active again. ;)

Thank you.

We do recognize official representatives from manufactures and suppliers so this is not an issue. COLGeek can fill you in on the details and get you setup.

Solution

Titillating

Expert
Ambassador
Welcome to the Tom's Hardware forums! Seems I saw this a bit late, but COLGeek, I'm sure, is taking great care of you!

My name is Kevin Ng, and I'm the Community Assistant here. Should you run into any problems or have any questions at all, please feel free to PM me; I am almost always on call, and will address anything as quickly as I can. For anything that I can't handle, I will forward the query to our Community Manager, Joe Pishgar, who will be more than happy to assist you. It's always a pleasure to have another official representative join us here :)

Venom Six Actual

Reputable
Nov 17, 2014
Thank you all, if ever there is a question for me, or if I start to run it close to the line of tolerance, please let me know. I will be working off and on doing a little personalization for this account, and probably stepping into a few other formats as well. You folks are certainly welcoming, and I appreciate it.