[SOLVED] Question Help/Feedback with my first custom pc

Dec 20, 2021
Hi lovely people!

I'm thinking of getting a brand new PC, and was looking for a bit of guidance.
I have an okay knowledge about PC build, but would appreciate any kind of help.
If anyone could take a look at my pc build and perhaps tell me if it's a great pc build?
Feel free to give any feedback, thanks <3

Also i made i post before, but i changed some specs, and would love to hear some feedback, thanks

• My pc build:
- Motherboard: ASUS ROG Strix B550-F
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X63
- GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MASTER
- Ram: G.Skill TridentZ Neo Series - 64GB: 2x32GB - DDR4 - 3600MHz
- PC Fans: Cooler Master MasterFan MF120
- Storage: SAMSUNG 980 PCIE 3.0 NVME M.2 SSD 500 GB
- PSU: Cooler Master V850 SFX Gold 850W
- Case: Lian Li O11 Mini

• Questions:
- Is this build great? Any kind of feedback of good or bad is much appreciated. Thanks
- Is my current PSU enough to power this build?
- would my components fitt in the case? And would the PSU fit aswell? if not any tips to another?
- Can i move my windows from my current pc to this new PC build?
- Anything else i should know about? this is my first build and i want some feedback before i buy the things

Thanks alot for all the help :)

Solution
1| You seem to be fine parts wise. Though I'd look into a 360mm AIO. Ditch the fans in favor of either Lina-Li fans or NSXT fans.
2| Should be, unless you can spend a little more for a Seasonic unit but of the same wattage since they are higher in quality.
3| Is this the case you're looking at? I'd look into a meshed case as opposed to something with blocked off panels, that tends to impede airflow.
4| Pertaining to the license key, this might be of assistance.
5| Don't you need more than one SSD/drive on your platform? What sort of tasks will you be doing on the build proposed above?

Lutfij

Titan
1| You seem to be fine parts wise. Though I'd look into a 360mm AIO. Ditch the fans in favor of either Lina-Li fans or NSXT fans.
2| Should be, unless you can spend a little more for a Seasonic unit but of the same wattage since they are higher in quality.
3| Is this the case you're looking at? I'd look into a meshed case as opposed to something with blocked off panels, that tends to impede airflow.
5| Don't you need more than one SSD/drive on your platform? What sort of tasks will you be doing on the build proposed above?

Reactions: Scott Fowler
Solution
Dec 20, 2021
What is your build budget? Overall, it looks to be a decent setup. I would recommend a 12700k, over the 5900x, for a new build. The 5900x is a great chip, but the 12700k is better.
Hi, my budget is around $4000 (Dollar)
I'll take a look into a 12700k, i may spend a bit more for it!

Is there anything i should know when using a Intet 12700k instead of an 5900x from AMD?

Dec 20, 2021
Thanks for sutch an amazing and fast feedback,

1. Yes the case is the Lian li mini you linked to, would it be bad for me to choose the case i mentioned?
  2. What kinda PSU from Seasonic would you recommend that fits with the Lian li mini case as well as enough Watt for the build?
  3. And for the SSD, 500GB is more than enough for me for now, trying to save as mutch as possible :)

Also i'll be taking a look into new fans aswell, thanks ;)

logainofhades

Titan
Hi, my budget is around $4000 (Dollar)
I'll take a look into a 12700k, i may spend a bit more for it!

Is there anything i should know when using a Intet 12700k instead of an 5900x from AMD?

CPU wise, the 12700k is actually cheaper. Motherboard might be a bit higher though. Make sure to choose a DDR4 model, as DDR5 is stupid expensive, thanks to scalpers. You also might have to contact the cooler manufacturer, for an LGA 1700 bracket. Unless you really want the RGB, on the CPU block, I would go with an Arctic AIO. They are some of the best, on the market, and cheaper.

1. A360mm will not work in the O11 Mini, unless an ITX board is used. I am looking at this case, for my personal rig.
  2. Agreed
  3. The O11 Dynamics are a bottom to top/side airflow case. They have been proven to have good airflow/temps, properly setup. DeBauer heavily influenced said case, as he worked with Lian-Li on it.
  4. Good find
  5. Yea definitely agree that more storage is going to be needed. Games are huge these days.

https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-aorus-z690-gaming-x-ddr4/p/N82E16813145347
GIGABYTE Z690 GAMING X DDR4 $229.99

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-GAMING-X-DDR4-rev-10#kf

https://www.newegg.com/intel-core-i7-12700kf-core-i7-12th-gen/p/N82E16819118345
Intel Core i7-12700KF $389.99

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/intel-core-i7-12700k-review

RhRj3qW4xbKSCjG5kEkgtT-970-80.png

Dec 20, 2021
Hi again, so i made a few updates.
Any feedback so mutch appricated <3

• Updated pc build:
- CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K (More cpu info https://www.komplett.dk/product/1197860)
- CPU Cooler: Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB

• Questions:
- Will this build work fine? no problems or anything. Like would my fans work, cpu work motherboard etc etc (asking because i dont know mutch about pc parts and etc)
- Do i need to buy anything else? for my parts to work and be able to setup everything right?
- Any other psu that may be better at the same price range as my current?

Sorry if i ask same questions again, i just want to be 1000% sure before buying the parts. I have been saving up for almost a year

If you are going to use the 12900K, you'd want a 600 series motherboard.

A Z690 would permit overclocking.

A B660 would not, but would otherwise be perfectly acceptable unless you have some unusual requirements.

I think there is an H series as well that would not permit overclocking.

Dec 20, 2021
Okay, what if my build is like this

- CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X
- CPU Cooler:
Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB

1. Would this build work fine?
  2. Would i need anything else sutch as extra comopnent to make my build work?
  3. Any recommended thermal paste? something rather cheap but still amazing if possible :D

I see some recommnedation for new cooler, what does the cooler contribute to? and if i choose the current one listed would that be okay/more than fine?
Im not going for top top tiers components, im trying to save atleast 200-1000 dollars if possible :)

Dec 20, 2021
Hope everyone can bare with me, duo to all my questions haha. Im just trying to get it perfect and all my questions out, before spending that mutch money
Thanks for everyones help so far, it means alot to me <3

Dec 20, 2021
A 12700/k is going to beat a 5900x, while being cheaper, before motherboard costs, and about even when factoring motherboard into the cost. 500gb is kinda low, storage wise. The 980 isn't exactly a great drive, compared to a 970 evo plus, especially.

Mhh.. This may sound a bit dumb, but if i can find a motherboard that works with all my other things + a Intel12900k i will go for that. Lanfong mentioned some motherboards. Beside thoese do you have any recommendation in the same price range as my current? :)
Also If i can fit it in the budget, i might replace the current ssd with the 970 evo plus thanks :D

Dec 20, 2021
I also see some recommnedation for new cooler, what does the cooler contribute to? and if i choose the current one listed would that be okay/more than fine?
Im not going for top top tiers components, im trying to save atleast 200-1000 dollars if possible :)

Dec 20, 2021
I saw 2-3 feedback to some other cpu cooler. The current one listed "Cooler Master MasterFan MF120" would that be okay/more than fine? as im not going for the top tier components, oh also would it fit in lian li mini and would it work with my current motherboard?

I saw 2-3 feedback to some other cpu cooler. The current one listed "Cooler Master MasterFan MF120" would that be okay/more than fine? as im not going for the top tier components, oh also would it fit in lian li mini and would it work with my current motherboard?

??

As far as I know, the "Cooler Master MasterFan MF120" is not a cooler.

It's a fan.

The other Cooler Master gizmo you mentioned above is a cooler.

A liquid cooler.

Do you have prior experience with liquid coolers?

Dec 20, 2021
??

As far as I know, the "Cooler Master MasterFan MF120" is not a cooler.

It's a fan.

The other Cooler Master gizmo you mentioned above is a cooler.

A liquid cooler.

Do you have prior experience with liquid coolers?
I have no experience with pc building or its components (only a tiny bit), thats why im here. I really do appricate all the help :D
Also, i mentioned the wrong thing, i was meaning to type " Cooler Master ML240L V2 RGB " and not the fans, haha sorry

I'll take that to mean that you do not have experience with liquid cooling.

They add a layer of complexity, durability, and maintenance not found in air coolers.

They can be justified if:

1; you have extreme temperatures with air cooling.

2; you consider yourself a hobbyist or enthusiast of some type and enjoy fiddling with hardware, even though you wouldn't need the extra cooling capability of liquid coolers.

Do you fit either category, considering that the PC has not yet been built?

There's a reason water cooled motorcycles are uncommon.