QUESTION: mame with gui on XBOX or PC?...

Hello,

I used to use a mame gui a few years ago and want to start using it again.

I have an XBOX that I don't use anymore and want to sell, unless I have
reason to believe it will work better than a PC to play my favorite arcade
games. So, I'm starting at the beginning again. I've got the new mame32
and need to start getting the roms, but I wanted to know if anyone felt that
using a PC was better or not than using an XBOX machine to play these
arcade games with a gui interface.

I would love to read any comments on this before I spend any more time
or money (eBay, I imagine) getting rom files.

Thank you in advance.

RMH

"Mustang Man" <hatchell@cox.net> wrote in

> Hello,
>
> I used to use a mame gui a few years ago and want to start using it
> again.
>
> I have an XBOX that I don't use anymore and want to sell, unless I
> have reason to believe it will work better than a PC to play my
> favorite arcade games. So, I'm starting at the beginning again. I've
> got the new mame32 and need to start getting the roms, but I wanted to
> know if anyone felt that using a PC was better or not than using an
> XBOX machine to play these arcade games with a gui interface.
>
> I would love to read any comments on this before I spend any more time
> or money (eBay, I imagine) getting rom files.
>
> Thank you in advance.

I only play mame on XBox these days, X-Arcade 2-player, large TV and an
easy to use interface beats sitting at my PC to play Robotron 2084.

Bear in mind also, Kawa-X (Neo-Geo) and FBAX (CPS-1, CPS-2 Cave shmups)
have better emulation than mame for some games, and if you have a PAL XBox
you'll need to change the output and EEPROM to NTSC.

Cthulhu mang <kaffoolhoosteev@gmail.com> wrote in

> I only play mame on XBox these days, X-Arcade 2-player, large TV and
> an easy to use interface beats sitting at my PC to play Robotron 2084.
>
> Bear in mind also, Kawa-X (Neo-Geo) and FBAX (CPS-1, CPS-2 Cave
> shmups) have better emulation than mame for some games, and if you
> have a PAL XBox you'll need to change the output and EEPROM to NTSC.

... and i forgot to add that you'll need to chip or soft-mod your XBox
before you can play any of the above. Possibly, you already know this, but
since you didn't mention it in your original post..