[SOLVED] question on fan header

Nov 9, 2020
my mother board has fan headers that have 4 pins. My fans however have connectors that only have three pin connectors. How can I connect these correctly?

Thanks

Solution
my mother board has fan headers that have 4 pins. My fans however have connectors that only have three pin connectors. How can I connect these correctly?

Thanks

You can connect a 3 Pin Fan to a 4 Pin header on the motherboard. The fan will function normally no matter type of fan header is used. The 4pin header is PWM allowing control via Bios. To control 3pin fans you require a dedicated fan controller
Nov 9, 2020

Thanks

Thanks

You can connect a 3 Pin Fan to a 4 Pin header on the motherboard. The fan will function normally no matter type of fan header is used. The 4pin header is PWM allowing control via Bios. To control 3pin fans you require a dedicated fan controller

Solution