Question on intel designed ram for AMD build.

Nov 23, 2018
So I have a build me and a friend are going to be piecing together, I have some Memory modules left over from a build I did a while back that are: Patriot - Viper 4 8 GB (2 x 4 GB) DDR4-3000 Memory. On the box they state "Designed for intel x99 or 100. we're planning on doing a AMD Ryzen build and I'm not sure on whether the Ram will work with his motherboard, I selected that ram in PCpartpicker when piecing together the build and it didnt show any compatibility issue. But even on Patriots website for Compatible motherboards it does not have our specific mother board on their. Specific motherboard being: MSI - B450-A PRO ATX AM4 Motherboard. Please let me know if anyone has ran into any issues with this ram not having worked or if anyone would have any information that I don't on the matter, thank you.

Solution
There's no platform specific ram that's just a marketing gimmick to try and get people to pay more for a different ram that is identical
Since you already have the ram, go ahead and try it.
Such comments as "designed for..." are mostly marketing.
That said, ryzen can be picky about ram.
If the specified ram does not show up on the motherboard qvl list or as supported by patriot for your motherboard, it may well not work.

Again try what you have, it can't hurt.
But, be prepared to buy explicitly supported ram.

Nov 23, 2018

alright that's what I'll plan on doing than, I know Ryzen liked fast ram and it's 3000mhz so there shouldn't be any issue there. I guess we'll just wait and see. Thanks for the reply's.