[SOLVED] Question on Ipad and Apple tv if anyone can help please!

unoriginal1

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2012
I have a situation where I need to be able to stream audio and video (live) from an ipad to apple tv device connected to a tv. The camera on the Ipad using air play with mirror the screen (video) just fine however there is no audio. Unless it is a pre recorded video, played off youtube or some other service etc...

Any ideas on apps? Need it to be free. Currently going to try "live stream" but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Solution
I have a situation where I need to be able to stream audio and video (live) from an ipad to apple tv device connected to a tv. The camera on the Ipad using air play with mirror the screen (video) just fine however there is no audio. Unless it is a pre recorded video, played off youtube or some other service etc...

Any ideas on apps? Need it to be free. Currently going to try "live stream" but any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

First off lets get some information about your TV Setup (TV Make + Model, Sound System, Connections).

My guess is that this is going to revolve around some TV + Source settings that will allow for multi-channel passthrough so that all your content will have sound.

I found an article online...

CloudyFaygo

Prominent
Sep 23, 2019

Thanks

First off lets get some information about your TV Setup (TV Make + Model, Sound System, Connections).

My guess is that this is going to revolve around some TV + Source settings that will allow for multi-channel passthrough so that all your content will have sound.

I found an article online mentioning, "Actually as of the 5.2 software update, Apple TV does support sending audio separately to an Airplay device and having it work in sync with the video". https://discussions.apple.com/thread/4806252

So multi-channel passthrough only works, if the TV internal speakers are disabled.
Disable Internal Speakers, Choose External Speaker (if you have external speakers) and now test with DD=(on,off,auto) and see what you get from Optical connected, HDMI regular and HDMI ARC.

My guess is that HDMI ARC+External speakers will allow multichannel to pass to the external speakers and it can decode and play via speakers connected.

Solution