[SOLVED] Question on MX500 writes

RachokingzOz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
I have an mx500 and the health is at 97% which is good I think considering that others are half-dead after a few months of usage. I have been using it as a boot drive since may 2018. Base on Crystal Diskinfo I have written 13240gb, but I don't remember installing that many games and window updates to it. Is this all from pagefile? SSD is 1tb

Solution
HI, I really don't remember deleting much stuff on this drive, so is it just some window update that I do from time to time? This is my C drive btw.
'deletes' also happen during Windows updates. Remove this and replace it with that.

13TBW in 3 years is NOTHING to worry about.
Drives dying from too many write cycles has not been a thing since the very first, very small consumer SSDs.

Bottom line, though...always have a good backup. A drive or data can die of many other things.

USAFRet

Titan
TBW shown by CrystalDiskInfo is NOT just a sum of what data you've written.
Deletes also count in there.

13TB in 3 years well within normal expectations.
Pagefile has nothing to do with this.

In comparison, my current C drive (500GB 850 EVO) has 84.2TBW in just over 5 years of use.

RachokingzOz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017
TBW shown by CrystalDiskInfo is NOT just a sum of what data you've written.
Deletes also count in there.

13TB in 3 years well within normal expectations.
Pagefile has nothing to do with this.

In comparison, my current C drive (500GB 850 EVO) has 84.2TBW in just over 5 years of use.
HI, I really don't remember deleting much stuff on this drive, so is it just some window update that I do from time to time? This is my C drive btw.

USAFRet

Titan
'deletes' also happen during Windows updates. Remove this and replace it with that.

Drives dying from too many write cycles has not been a thing since the very first, very small consumer SSDs.

Bottom line, though...always have a good backup. A drive or data can die of many other things.

Solution
I have an mx500 and the health is at 97% which is good I think considering that others are half-dead after a few months of usage. I have been using it as a boot drive since may 2018. Base on Crystal Diskinfo I have written 13240gb, but I don't remember installing that many games and window updates to it. Is this all from pagefile? SSD is 1tb
You get into stuff like.
Page file.
Restore points.
Windows being log crazy.
Other.

RachokingzOz

Honorable
Jan 2, 2017

Ah thanks, just one more question. I left my computer on for like 6 hours today since I had to go out and when I came back to check CrystalDiskInfo it wrote another 3-4gb. This is normal?