[SOLVED] Question on my upcoming build

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Hi, so I asked a similiar question previously but now I'm really starting to doubt myself. I'm looking to get a ryzen 5 3600 but have no idea what motherboard to actually get, do I go with a b450 board or go for something higher like a x470? I want to be able to stream (nothing crazy just 720p) but am also looking for a smooth performance and don't really want to over pay for a motherboard unless I have to.

Solution
I was looking at that board but it isn't in Scan and it will take like a month to ship from Amazon and I don't really want to wait that long, is there any other boards you recommend?
  1. MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  2. Asus Rog Strix B450-F Gaming

With msi have a bit better vrm's. For both you have to ask your store for a bios update to be able to use your ryzen 5 3600 except if you already have a previous gen cpu.

Narexa

Commendable
Aug 9, 2019
Get msi b450 tomahawk its a good quality motherboard with good vrm's and can easily handle 3600. Also have msi flashback + feature so you can bios update the motherboard without a 1st or 2nd gen ryzen or ram sticks in the motherboard.

I was looking at that board but it isn't in Scan and it will take like a month to ship from Amazon and I don't really want to wait that long, is there any other boards you recommend?

1. MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC
  2. Asus Rog Strix B450-F Gaming

With msi have a bit better vrm's. For both you have to ask your store for a bios update to be able to use your ryzen 5 3600 except if you already have a previous gen cpu.

Reactions: DMAN999 and Narexa
Solution