Question Question on RAM ?

May 6, 2024
Hello everyone I recently just built my first pc with the specs below:

Mobo Asus Rog strix b660e-f
Ryzen 7 7700x
Phantom Gaming AMD 6800xt
32gb of Corsair Vengeance Ram 6000mt AMD READY
750 Corsair Psu

With all this I just heard you can get the full mt that’s shown on the packaging of the ram. I did a bit of research on how to do this and ran into what’s called EXPO . I went into my Mobo bios on the first page showed the memory display and switched it into the expo 1 profile and saved all its changes. But nothing boots, stays on the RAM debug light. The only way I can get back into my computer is by resetting the bios. With the instructions of my mobo of course. Is my ram defective? Or my mobo even?

I guess also while I’m still asking questions my cpu the Ryzen 7700x runs so damn hot lol is it normal?
I’m thinking of getting a 360mm instead of the 240 AiO im using. Should I be concerned about the temps it’s reaching?
Temps being around 80

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

What BIOS version are you on for your motherboard? As for you not seeing anything on the screen, AMD's AM5 platform does that a while to get through the POST process.

This is your first post, we wouldn't know what you currently have to work with, perhaps your AIO is mounted incorrectly or you could get better results. Did you remove the protective peel that usually is stuck onto the cooling block of most AIO's.

You could mention the make and models of your parts like so:
When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Hello everyone I recently just built my first pc with the specs below
Mobo Asus Rog strix b660e-f
Ryzen 7 7700x
Phantom Gaming AMD 6800xt
32gb of Corsair Vengeance Ram 6000mt AMD READY
750 Corsair Psu
With all this I just heard you can get the full mt that’s displayed on the packaging of the ram. I did a bit of research on how to do this and ran into what’s called EXPO . I went into my Mobo bios on the first page showed the memory display and switched it into the expo 1 profile and saved all its changes. But nothing boots, stays on the memory debug light. The only way I can get back into my computer is by resetting the bios. With the instructions of my mobo of course. Is my ram defective? Or my mobo even?
I guess also while I’m still asking questions my cpu the Ryzen 7700x runs so damn hot lol is it normal I’m thinking of getting a 360mm instead of the 240 aio im using. Should I be concerned about the temps it’s reaching?
Temps being around 80
1. You cant have Asus Rog strix b660e-f, probably b650 , 660 is for Intel.
2. Make sure RAM is in proper slots, A2 and B2
3. Try XMP instead of EXPO. if possible.
3. Update BIOS to last version.
4. What cooler are you using ? That CPU is good for 90c before loosing boost, 80c is not too hot.

TRENDING THREADS