[SOLVED] Question on secondary drive about registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi, i use ssd for windows and other apps and hdd for games and other stuff. I just want to ask if i have games and applications installed in my secondary hard drive and i suddenly remove secondary drive without reformatting windows, will it cause problems/mess in registry as some games and apps was installed there and was suddenly removed? Because my pc is sometimes freezing and i want to troubleshoot it by removing the second hard drive without having mess on registry (i want to fix the freeze)

Solution
Removing the secondary drive then booting in to the same Windows shouldn't cause any problems, you would only get a problem if you tried to launch a game from an existing Windows shortcut when the game itself is installed on the drive that you've removed.

andromedaftw

Honorable
Jul 11, 2015
Hi, i use ssd for windows and other apps and hdd for games and other stuff. I just want to ask if i have games and applications installed in my secondary hard drive and i suddenly remove secondary drive without reformatting windows, will it cause problems/mess in registry as some games and apps was installed there and was suddenly removed? Because my pc is sometimes freezing and i want to troubleshoot it by removing the second hard drive without having mess on registry (i want to fix the freeze)

Removing the secondary drive then booting in to the same Windows shouldn't cause any problems, you would only get a problem if you tried to launch a game from an existing Windows shortcut when the game itself is installed on the drive that you've removed.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.