Question Question on swapping to different size liquid cooling radiator and fans

RoganM.

Commendable
Nov 19, 2019
So, I'm thinking I might swap my cpu cooling to a 240mm from a 120mm pump. And I'm wondering, can I use the same cpu block mount that is currently being used on my cpu already and just reconnect it to a different pump and fans? Or do I just have to put on a different one entirely?

USAFRet

Titan
So, I'm thinking I might swap my cpu cooling to a 240mm from a 120mm pump. And I'm wondering, can I use the same cpu block mount that is currently being used on my cpu already and just reconnect it to a different pump and fans? Or do I just have to put on a different one entirely?
Your current 120mm is an AIO?

And the new potential 240mm as well?

They all come as one unit. You can't mix and match parts.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If they're both older units, it might actually be doable, because the manufacturers used fittings and parts you'd find with custom loops on some, making it possible to service them.
Almost all of the newer models have all but abandoned that.

So it depends on what the 2 coolers are.

RoganM.

Commendable
Nov 19, 2019
If they're both older units, it might actually be doable, because the manufacturers used fittings and parts you'd find with custom loops on some, making it possible to service them.
Almost all of the newer models have all but abandoned that.

So it depends on what the 2 coolers are.
Yeah they ain't new, thanks anyways though, just had to check to be sure.