[SOLVED] Question on the Control Panel

Sep 13, 2018
Didn't know how to title it, got the BSOD on my PC. Could spend hours trying to troubleshoot and fix it, but i'm pretty backed up so i'm happy to just fresh install.

Question is that I've forgotten some of the things installed on the drive, so i've unplugged the drive and put in a caddy to connect to my laptop and view what's installed in the program files folder

Is there an easy way to access the "control panel" for that drive, or anywhere that stores a config/list so I can see physically what windows thinks is installed on the drive rather than me guess my way through the program files folder?

Probably a dumb question and not the end of the world, just helps me with specific software versions e.t.c

Solution
I've not had cause to do this before, but, using regedit to look at the Uninstall registry folder will help. You should be able to open the hive of the other computer by opening \windows\system32\config or NTUSER.DAT from the user's folder.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Normally I use this for looking at uninstall strings, but essentially this is where the entries in Programs and Features are stored.

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
I've not had cause to do this before, but, using regedit to look at the Uninstall registry folder will help. You should be able to open the hive of the other computer by opening \windows\system32\config or NTUSER.DAT from the user's folder.

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall

Normally I use this for looking at uninstall strings, but essentially this is where the entries in Programs and Features are stored.

Solution