[SOLVED] Question on the order

Denzy

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
Hello everybody,

After having this PC for about 4 years now I am experiencing windows r0t in full effect. My plan is to Fresh Start my PC, update my BOIS (to increase my RAM speed because I had to lower clock speed), and install an SSD. Is there any particular order I should do this in based on experience, Thanks for the help.

Solution
By all means, buy a ssd. Not for boot speeds, but for overall quickness.
The easy way is to buy a samsung ssd of sufficient capacity to hold the used contents of your C drive plus some.
A 1tb samsung 860 EVO is $115.
Use the samsung ssd migration app to move your C drive to the ssd and change the boot order.
You can download the app and instructions here:

With a discrete 1050ti, you will get little benefit from faster ram using a 7500.
Not worth it.

In the interim, do not boot at all normally.
Use sleep to ram(no hibernate)
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state that is close to full power off.
Sleep and wake become only a handful of seconds.

Denzy

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
I don't know about installing Windows on the SSD, just don't know if It's worth buying the license key. Might consider if its really worth it

Denzy

Prominent
Jul 15, 2019
Well, my main problem is my boot speeds and just overall time for loading when starting my computer. Over time it has gotten longer and longer. I have most of my processes disabled in my boot options but it still takes forever. The RAM upgrade is just for some fun since I'm just basically updating my computer.

Specs -
1050ti
i5 7500
16gb ddr4 2133

By all means, buy a ssd. Not for boot speeds, but for overall quickness.
The easy way is to buy a samsung ssd of sufficient capacity to hold the used contents of your C drive plus some.
A 1tb samsung 860 EVO is $115.
Use the samsung ssd migration app to move your C drive to the ssd and change the boot order.
You can download the app and instructions here:

With a discrete 1050ti, you will get little benefit from faster ram using a 7500.
Not worth it.

In the interim, do not boot at all normally.
Use sleep to ram(no hibernate)
That puts the pc and monitor into a very low power state that is close to full power off.
Sleep and wake become only a handful of seconds.

Solution