Question on worth of cards

G

Hi,

Right now I have a STB NVidia TNT 16mb agp card and a Diamond Monster II 8mb PCI card. I'm hoping to upgrade to a GeForce2 card, except I am hoping to sell my current cards to help pay for it. What I am wondering is, what are my two current cards worth? Any help would be much appreciated.

Lav

soup20000

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
look at what they are going for on ebay. That is what you will get. The voodoo is worth about 10-15$ the TNT is about 20-30$ (i know it sucks)

soup.

AMD for Life!

G

I have a asus CUSL2 motherboard with the built in intel graphics card. I'm planning on upgrading to a GF2MX or GF2GTS. I'm also a college student with limited $. Would it be worth it for me to buy one of these cards from him at this price? Or would the performance increase me neglible. BTW, i have a 800 mhz p3 with 133 mhz 128 mb ram

G

your inbuilt graphics could perform nicely when compared to those cards so its not worth it wait for a Geforce 3 MX
it will come out

G

Do you mean its not worth it buy one of these used cards, or that its not worth it buy either the GeForce2MX or Geforce2GTS? I'm under the impression that buying one of these cards would improve my frame rate, resolution, as well as allow me to run through smoke in Counter-Strike without huge drop in frame rate.

G

No, he mean don't buy the 16MB or 8MB and wait for GF3MXDDR

If you can dedicate more main RAM for your graphics, how? which I don't know.

I only know Intel made mobo does not have this option in BIOS at all. I hate Intel when it comes to their own build mobo. Lag O/C or fancy features.

And hope that you have PC133 that is 7ns, which is 143Mhz or even better 6ns, which is 166Mhz and that you run a software memory overclocker to run the ram at max speed then you should be able to get some decent performance out of the i815 graphics

I forgot to mention when you have the ram, hope you have CL2 also. Good Luck

Best regards
cx5

toonces

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it would depend on the chip on your mobo. i think it's a good deal. i have a tnt and still play a lot of the stuff that has been out for a year or so (UT or Q3A). the tnt is a solid card that looks really good. 30$ is good, especially if your integrated video card doesn't support 3d acceleration.

<font color=red>booyah, grandma, booyah..</font color=red>

TRENDING THREADS