Question ref W98 SE and Norton Utilities

lee

I have been using Norton System Works 2001 and recently upgraded to NSW 2002
after upgrading from W98 to W98SE because of a new external HD (WD 120 USB)
that required me to upgrade to W98SE.
Every since the computer will crash when the NSW utility program reaches the
HD Integrity Scan goes for a few minutes. I have not been able to find
anything on Symantec site except to stop all programs but that did nothing.
Before Fdisk and formatting the computer has anyone solved this problem or
is it one that is just on my computer. I have a GW G6 333Mhz with 256 megs
of ram and other than that there seems to be no other problems.

Would appreciate any comments regarding this. I prefer to keep Norton as it
has kept my computer running great until this date. Was considering
upgrading again to 2004 but not if this problem will continue, I watched
tech program on TV and they said not to try 2003 for some reason.

Thanks again for any assistance!

Lee

Mike

Splendid

Lee wrote:
> I have been using Norton System Works 2001 and recently upgraded to NSW 2002
> after upgrading from W98 to W98SE because of a new external HD (WD 120 USB)
> that required me to upgrade to W98SE.
> Every since the computer will crash when the NSW utility program reaches the
> HD Integrity Scan goes for a few minutes. I have not been able to find
> anything on Symantec site except to stop all programs but that did nothing.
> Before Fdisk and formatting the computer has anyone solved this problem or
> is it one that is just on my computer. I have a GW G6 333Mhz with 256 megs
> of ram and other than that there seems to be no other problems.
>
> Would appreciate any comments regarding this. I prefer to keep Norton as it
> has kept my computer running great until this date. Was considering
> upgrading again to 2004 but not if this problem will continue, I watched
> tech program on TV and they said not to try 2003 for some reason.
>
> Thanks again for any assistance!
>
> Lee

I have a fixed swap file size in 98se.
When I upgraded to a 120G disk, I found I had to increase the size
of the swap file to make Norton run.
mike

--
Return address is VALID.
Toshiba & Compaq LiIon Batteries, Test Equipment

lee

Hi Mike

I have mine set so W98 handles the virtual memory files as recommended
so I guess that
is not the problem. I did try to set mine and it just locked up but did not
crash. Guess I will have to just keep looking, appreciate the comeback and
assistance!

Lee