[SOLVED] Question regarding FSR 2.0...?

favreervaf

Prominent
Oct 2, 2022
I use a 1080p monitor. I have a 6900 XT, i7-12700KF. I am playing Dying Light 2, and noticed in darker areas that it seems to be grainy a bit. Film grain is off and all that stuff. I was playing with no upscaling on - but was reading some that said try using 'FSR 2.0, quality'. I do notice there is an 'Ultra quality' as well. So my question is - is there any benefit to using FSR2.0 on a 1080p monitor? I thought it renders image at like lower res, then upscales back to my 1080p? But I read it can be better image quality than native? I am just not sure how it works! My understanding is if I had a 4k monitor but was getting bad frames, I can use it to render at like 2k and have it upscale.. Anyone know the difference between FSR2 quality, and ultra quality for that game? I also know with 1080p sometimes the games TAA and stuff can cause the grain look. But any advise would be great! Thanks!

Solution
FSR 2.0 uses past frames to add in the details of the current frame. This can cause temporal artifacts with things that are rapidly changing or in motion.

However, given your video card, there's no point to FSR for 1080p. That card at the time of release was meant to be a 1440p240 or 4K120 max quality class card.
FSR 2.0 uses past frames to add in the details of the current frame. This can cause temporal artifacts with things that are rapidly changing or in motion.

However, given your video card, there's no point to FSR for 1080p. That card at the time of release was meant to be a 1440p240 or 4K120 max quality class card.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS