[SOLVED] Question regarding Gigabyte z690 Gaming X DDR5

Feb 8, 2022
Hi, everyone!
i built a gaming PC with :
CPU : i5 12400f
GPU : RTX 3060
MEMORY: Kingston FURY Beast DDR5 16GB 4800MHz CL38 (only 1 of 16GB..., connected to A2 slot- as recommended.... I also try to switch in different slots)
SSD: Kingston NV1 NVMe PCIe SSD M.2 2TB (in the gigabyte web - It does not appear to be supported this SSD brand )
power supply: Corsair TX650M - 650 Watt 80 GOLD - it doesn't support CPU 8+4 (only 8 pins)
Monitor: HP X27i 2K

When my new computer starts, all the fans start working (both of the case and of the cooling of the processor).
The BIOS does not appear on the monitor (I checked the monitor separately and it works)
the monitor is connected to the GPU , because I5 12400F doesn't have a graphic in it.
There is an indication of a red LED light next to the word DRAM and also next to the CPU LED.
I connect only 8 PINs to the CPU.

I thought that maybe the problem is with the BIOS, and that i should update it (in the latest version (at the gigabyte web) - there is a reference to RAM DDR5 issue)
but since i can't see the original BIOS at all, I have to update the BIOS via FLASH drive.
so the motherboard - did not recognize the FLASH and the BIOS in it at all.

HELP!

what can be the problem? it seems that I connected everything as it should be. (All components are new )

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
Corsair TX650M - 650 Watt 80 GOLD - it doesn't support CPU 8+2 (only 8 pins)
The PSU should have a 6+2 PCIe connector as well as a 4+4pin EPS connector, you can't force one onto the other.

Can you pass on images of how you've connected your devices? Might want to host your image an Imgur or an image hosting site and then pass the link to said image for your build and their innards/connections.

Feb 8, 2022
Corsair TX650M - 650 Watt 80 GOLD - it doesn't support CPU 8+2 (only 8 pins)
The PSU should have a 6+2 PCIe connector as well as a 4+4pin EPS connector, you can't force one onto the other.

Can you pass on images of how you've connected your devices? Might want to host your image an Imgur or an image hosting site and then pass the link to said image for your build and their innards/connections.
PHOTOS + VIDEO

Feb 10, 2022
I have the same problem with similar setup, with the same ram in particular. Other relevant parts I have are i7 12700K, Asus GTX 1660 and Fractal Design Ion Gold 750W. I have 8 pins connector connected to the motherboard. I can't get any video and thus no access to BIOS. The behaviour with the leds is the same as for Vovazlatin. The result is the same with or without PSU.

Feb 10, 2022
I have the same problem with similar setup, with the same ram in particular. Other relevant parts I have are i7 12700K, Asus GTX 1660 and Fractal Design Ion Gold 750W. I have 8 pins connector connected to the motherboard. I can't get any video and thus no access to BIOS. The behaviour with the leds is the same as for Vovazlatin. The result is the same with or without PSU.
I mean, result is the same with or without graphics card.

Feb 8, 2022
Feb 8, 2022
BIOS update via FLASH:
The computer should be turned off.
The computer needs to be plugged in
Insert the FLASH with the individual BIOS file (after renaming it to GIGABYTE.BIN - this is what the motherboard manufacturer's instructions say).
Then press the FLASH _ PLUS button.
Then, the computer turns on by itself and begins the process of updating the BIOS itself.
In the end, a message appears stating that the BIOS is up to date.
And the computer enters the updated BIOS.

Feb 28, 2022
Good afternoon

I inform you that I had the same problem and to solve it I suggest you fraction the following:

Only for Z690 GAMING X DDR5

1º Leave the board without components and just leave the power supply connected.

2- Use a decent pen like kingston 3.0 or sandisk, by chance at first I used a weak one and the card didn't even recognize it, as soon as I switched to a better one it started to read the Q-flash

3- Go to the gigabyte website and take the latest bios, format the pen in fat32, change the contents of the zip folder to a formatted pen, in the file "Z690GAMINGX.F6" change to GIGABYTE.bin

4 Place the pen in the update port and click the q-flash button and let the update alone can take between 6 to 8 min, then install processor, ram memory and boot to see if it works.
if everything is the same I recommend updating the bios F3 "initial bios" and after the whole process update to F6.
The min only worked after repeating this procedure and after a few hours of research I found this procedure.

Best regards

Victor Sousa
Good afternoon

I inform you that I had the same problem and to solve it I suggest you fraction the following:

Only for Z690 GAMING X DDR5 - Link https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/Z690-GAMING-X-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

1º Leave the board without components and just leave the power supply connected.

2- Use a decent pen like kingston 3.0 or sandisk, by chance at first I used a weak one and the card didn't even recognize it, as soon as I switched to a better one it started to read the Q-flash

3- Go to the gigabyte website and take the latest bios, format the pen in fat32, change the contents of the zip folder to a formatted pen, in the file "Z690GAMINGX.F6" change to GIGABYTE.bin

4 Place the pen in the update port and click the q-flash button and let the update alone can take between 6 to 8 min, then install processor, ram memory and boot to see if it works.
if everything is the same I recommend updating the bios F3 "initial bios" and after the whole process update to F6.
The min only worked after repeating this procedure and after a few hours of research I found this procedure.

Best regards

MegaTek