Question Question regarding gpu upgrade

Jul 4, 2016
Hi guys,
So basically at the moment the pc setup I have is a i7-9700k and a 2070 super. I mainly play 1440p and dont really care to much about 4k. My cousin is deciding to build a pc and I was going to sell him my 2070 super for about $400 and a 750 watt psu for $100 which I dont use anymore; totalling to $500, then upgrade my gpu. I was thinking about the 4070ti but I am not to sure. I have a heard some good things about it but some negatives as well, mainly being its price. However, I would really be spending an additional $400-500 because of the money from my old gpu. Now however I also see the RX 7900 XT which is $900 I believe, so close to the 4070ti but I believe it beats it in almost every game fps wise. It gets a little wonky though when trying to compare ray tracing performance. Do you guys have any suggestions on what I should do?

Lutfij

Titan
What titles will do you want to play? What titles are you currently playing? You should also factor in that you're going to need a reliably built PSU with a little more wattage than what is suggested by the GPU AIB partners. Last bit of question would be what your case's make and model is, since you can run into clearance issues.

Jul 4, 2016
What titles will do you want to play? What titles are you currently playing? You should also factor in that you're going to need a reliably built PSU with a little more wattage than what is suggested by the GPU AIB partners. Last bit of question would be what your case's make and model is, since you can run into clearance issues.

I play basically everything ranging from games like red dead 2, god of war, witcher 3, call of duty, overwatch apex. Also any emulation if need be. The case I have is a lian li dynamic o11 mini and I just got a new 850 watt psu to fit for that case so power wise I should be good. I think I will be fine with clearance as well. The 2070 super version I have is the asus strix oc version which is pretty large and still has a lot of empty room left in the case