Question Question regarding installing my monitor to a mount

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
So I spent the last 6 hours building my racing simulator, and the last part is to attach my monitors to the monitor supports which are attached to the simetik K2 racing rig. However, I might be having a mental breakdown cause I have no clue how to do it. I disassembled the vesa mount off of the stand to see if it fits my monitor mount but it doesn't for some reason. In so annoyed cause it was almost done but it just won't fit. The monitor has a 100x100 vesa mount and that should fit on my simetik k2 monitor support. Do I need to buy an extra vesa mount? Or what am I suppose to do? I'd love some help cause im completely lost...

The simetik monitor support: https://simetik.com/web/product/central-monitor-support/
The monitor: https://www.lg.com/nl/monitoren/lg-27GL650F-B

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
I just received a single support which is supposed to be able to support both a 75 and a 100mm vesa mount. I didn't get anything extra. Also. For some reason the picture of the support on the simetik website is a cross, while mine is just a straight support. Maybe they gave me the wrong product.

Edit: it's definitely the right product but looks different from the picture on their site.

Last edited:

yes, you can see both 100mm and 75mm options in the cross section and the outstretched arms.
post an image of what you actually received if you can.

the LG 27GL650F-B states that it uses 100x100mm. i would contact LG and see what they have to say if it is different.

looks like the one you received has much more install options(higher/lower) than the one shown on their site. but does have both 100 & 75mm available.
But I'm just wondering, do I need an extra vesa plate to screw unto the back of the monitor BEFORE I can mount it?
there should be a piece that removes from the back where the stand attaches. under that there should be the 4 screw holes for VESA mounting. at least with the few that i've worked with.
maybe search for online videos or threads with people mounting this monitor.

samprinsen

Honorable
Feb 21, 2015
Thanks
looks like the one you received has much more install options(higher/lower) than the one shown on their site. but does have both 100 & 75mm available.

there should be a piece that removes from the back where the stand attaches. under that there should be the 4 screw holes for VESA mounting. at least with the few that i've worked with.
maybe search for online videos or threads with people mounting this monitor.
Thanks for the reply! I have the 4 screw holes, I was just wondering If I need to buy a vesa plate before I can install this monitor onto the support,and do I need to buy new screws too? Cause these are way too small to fit in both a visa plate as well as the support.

was just wondering If I need to buy a vesa plate before I can install this monitor onto the support
VESA compatible monitors should come ready to be attached. i have never needed to add any secondary plate to the rear of a TV or monitor.
these are way too small to fit in both a visa plate as well as the support.
i would guess both the support and the monitor, or at least just the monitor would've come with adequate screws. the point of "VESA standards" is that they should be compatible across all platforms.

i guess there's a possibility though that the support may be too thick for the regular screws.
you could take them to a local hardware store and see if they have any a bit longer. you wouldn't want them too long though or they may not be stable only partially screwed in.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS