Question regarding online build sites.

Bob_doleee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
About a month ago, my pc was power surged. Now my insurance is buying me a new one, and i CANNOT homebuild, or they wont cover it.

I recently ordered from cyberpower, and i waited 3 weeks, and all i got was a bunch of attitude from the customer service and dsales reps, so i ended up cancelling my order. Then i went to reseller ratings and read a bunch of horror stories about them.

So now im on a search for a good computer builder whos prices are affordable and close to the price to build it myself.

I tried Alienware and Digital Storm, but their priced are atleast 50% more than a regular homebuilt system. I could order from them and just not get a video card. But i would be forced to use my old 8800GT which was in the system that got surged. Im not sure if it even works anymore.

The system that i was going to order was:

Antec 900 Case
Intel q9450 Overclocked to Max Stable Clock
Asus Rampge Formula X48
750w Corsair 4 12v Rails
4GB ddr2 800mhz Corsair RAM
Stage 3 Cooling/Tuniq Tower w/ 3 case fans
CD/DVD drive
320GB Western Digital HDD
NO video card

Price- $1683.00

The homebuilt system that i REALLY want:

Antec 900 Case
Intel q9450 Overclocked to Max Stable Clock
Asus Rampge Formula X48
750w Corsair 4 12v Rails
4GB ddr2 800mhz Corsair RAM
Stage 3 Cooling/Tuniq Tower w/ 3 case fans
CD/DVD drive
320GB Western Digital HDD

Price- $1184

+ ATi HD4870x2

Final Price- $1734.00

I just think that the digital sorm PC is a ripoff compared to homebuilt.

Does anyone know of any companies that build computers like Digital Sorm, but dont jack up their prices by 50%?

Companies that I will NEVER buy from:

CyberpowerPC
iBuyPower

Companies that I might buy from:

Alienware
Digital Storm

If you say CyberpowerPC or iBuyPower i will smack you. Over the internet. It will hurt.. Lots..

czar1020

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2006
Eh honestly I don't know of many companies that sell "gaming rigs" without the additional costs.

But good luck with your search. Maybe you could find a computer shop in town that could "special" order it all in for you and buy it from them? I don't know if your insurance will allow that.

Bob_doleee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Well, the original computer was only $899.. So online or homebuilt it would still be a steal.

Any other building sites that i dont know of?

jrizej6

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2008
maybe try looking at your local pc parts store if you have one? my local store has prices that are very competitive with newegg's prices and they will build your rig for you and even throw in a lifetime warranty on labor.

Bob_doleee

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2008
Really?

I live in windham, around 30 mins away from portland. The only places that i could find are Best Buy and Curcuit City.

Could you provide the addresses and phone numbers for these shops?

marshmellow1991

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2008
Comdoctor Net Inc
5 Drive Mann Road, Chelsea, ME 04330
www.comdoctor.net

I would choose them over the rest, theyre really the only ones that i know of that stock/build full on computers