Question regarding plan and access to towers

Good morning. My wife has the Cingular nation plan and I have the old
prefered nation plan which I got about a year and a half ago. WE both use
motorola v400's and in my home area am seeing the following results. Her
signal is fairly solid and the audio doesn't break up much. My signal tends
to break up more as if I am being sent to a more distant tower. Does the
type of plan make any difference regarding what towers cingular let's you
access? I am in the ny/nj area specificly rockaway nj and I believe we are
using tmobile towers here. Also, is it possible that one phone picks up
signal better then the other and if so is there any way to remedy this?
Thsanks.

--
John W. Hess
Senior Associate

De Witt & Associates
Suite 110
700 Godwin Avenue
Midland Park, NJ 07432

Phone: (973) 664-1963
Fax: (201) 447-1187
E-Mail: techman@optonline.net

which it
is addressed and may contain confidential and/or privileged material. Any
review,
reliance
upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended
recipient is
delete the
material from any computer.

"John W. Hess" <fustibule@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Good morning. My wife has the Cingular nation plan and I have the old
> prefered nation plan which I got about a year and a half ago. WE both use
> motorola v400's and in my home area am seeing the following results. Her
> signal is fairly solid and the audio doesn't break up much. My signal
tends
> to break up more as if I am being sent to a more distant tower. Does the
> type of plan make any difference regarding what towers cingular let's you
> access?

It shouldn't.

> I am in the ny/nj area specificly rockaway nj and I believe we are
> using tmobile towers here. Also, is it possible that one phone picks up
> signal better then the other and if so is there any way to remedy this?
> Thsanks.

It's possible one phone works better than the other (i.e., one is "broken".

As a test, why not switch SIMs and then use her phone for a day (with your
SIM in it) and vice versa, and see if there's a difference?

If your phone (her actual hardware) still performs poorer, then your tower
theory might be right, (or you just might have higher expectations for
wireless than she!)

Does the V400 have an external antenna? (I assume so since Motorola loves
them!) Perhaps the antenna on yours is loose/broken?