[SOLVED] Question regarding PSU RMA

tomafantomas

Honorable
Jan 2, 2018
In the process of being transported, two of the blades from the fan in my seasonic prime broke.
I sent it to the retailer to RMA it, it was working fine as it was, but I wanted to fix it.
I think they will service it and not replace the whole unit.
My question is: Should I test it beforehand in an another system, because I heard some horror stories and I’m not taking any risks of breaking my new rtx 3080 and 5900x

Solution
If you attempt to open up a PSU without knowing what you are doing, you're going to end up with a nasty shock, that can kill

Regarding the question of RMAing because of transportation problem is down to the retailer/manufacturer. They mostly say "Limited" for a reason. I think transportation errors is one of the things they I can guarantee you, they won't cover. If you have insurance on your pc, it's likely to end up with the insurance covering it

Plus you can't really expect to glue or put sticky tape on it to help solve the problem, as it won't. It's likely to fall off again. As I've just said, unless you REALLY know what you are doing, do not attempt to open up the PSU. Just because you might see one or two talking about cap...

RyzenNoob

Reputable
Jul 13, 2020
If you attempt to open up a PSU without knowing what you are doing, you're going to end up with a nasty shock, that can kill

Regarding the question of RMAing because of transportation problem is down to the retailer/manufacturer. They mostly say "Limited" for a reason. I think transportation errors is one of the things they I can guarantee you, they won't cover. If you have insurance on your pc, it's likely to end up with the insurance covering it

Plus you can't really expect to glue or put sticky tape on it to help solve the problem, as it won't. It's likely to fall off again. As I've just said, unless you REALLY know what you are doing, do not attempt to open up the PSU. Just because you might see one or two talking about cap changes, they probably know what they are doing beforehand

Solution