[SOLVED] Question regarding the speed of PNY's XLR8 CS3030 250GB NVMe SSD

JP7PlaysMC

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2014
Hello fellow computer enthusiasts!

I have recently installed the PNY NVMe SSD stated in the title to replace my old Samsung 850 Evo Sata SSD, seen as I had run out of space in the latter and Windows was annoyed at me for it!
I'm running an ASUS H97-Pro motherboard, and after getting it to work as a boot drive I went into CrystalDiskMark to check the speeds. Even though the drive is running Windows, I was a bit dissapointed by the 850MB/s read speed (advertised top speed of 3500MB/s). It also presented an acceptable 850MB/s write (top advertised 1050MB/s) which I'm not too concerned about.

I'm wondering if this has anything to do with a BIOS setting I might have missed out or if it's simply a factor of this motherboard's spotty NVMe support? The only other thing I think it may be is the fact that I cloned my old SSD onto this new one, but I really don't think it should affect things much.

Thanks for your attention!

Bob.B

Prominent
Feb 8, 2021
Oh damn, I had completly misread something. I installed SiSoftware Sandra to check the buses and devices and the SSD is indeed running on PCIe 2.0 x2. Thanks for the input!
There is another note on the mobo page about the m.2 sharing bandwidth the the sata express slots.
If your using those slots for a hdd it might impact the m.2.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS