[Question] VGA to HDMI.

Dranolth

Reputable
Mar 4, 2014
Hi, guys!
I, recently, bought a GTX 750ti GPU and I didn't notice that my monitor doesn't have and HDMI or DVI conector.
Now, the question is, is there some sort of cable (or adapter) capable of making the connection between my GPU's HDMI port and my monitor's VGA port?
I know you can connect DVI and VGA, but I don't want to lose the audio quality of the HDMI.
I've done some research, and found adapters, but people keep telling me they won't work because it's not posible to transform the analog signal of the VGA to the digital signal of the HDMI.
I'm sorry if this is not the correct category. I figured, since it involves the GPU, I should post it here. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Solution

You may use an active (powered) adapter to convert the video portion of HDMI to VGA. This will not enable the use of audio, but some high end HDMI to VGA converters will strip out the...

You may use an active (powered) adapter to convert the video portion of HDMI to VGA. This will not enable the use of audio, but some high end HDMI to VGA converters will strip out the audio components and make them available through other output formats.

You may use a passive (unpowered, just a cable with different connectors on each end) to convert HDMI to Single-Link DVI-D. This may enable the use of audio over DVI-D if and only if both the display and GPU support this little trick.

Solution