Question Question with refresh rate

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018
Hi,

If the refresh rate is 144, do i need to get the same fps as the refresh rate? Is it matter?

Somebody said there's no point if u buy 144 monitor but ur fps cannot reach that refresh rate.

My monitor is 1440p 144hz and my graphic card is 2070s.

I tried but i still cannot get the higher fps than refresh rate. Mostly will be in 130 and sometimes drop to 110-90. Shadow i set low. Texture ultra/high. Others just medium to low.

I play competitive game and single player game like PUBG, Apex, resident evil, dota, dying light and also i'm waiting for new games to release, hope can play smooth in high/ultra.

Additional Info:
Cpu : ryzen 5 2600x
Memory: 16gb 3200

That totally depends, on a BUNCH of different factors, not least of which is whether or not your monitor has G-sync or is a G-sync compatible Freesync display.

If however you cannot EVER get near 144fps, regardless of settings and regardless of what game you are playing, then it's probably not worth it to pay more for a 144hz capable monitor HOWEVER, these days, MOST halfway decent gaming monitors WILL be 144hz anyhow.

What is the exact model of your monitor?

I have a 2060S and although I have to lower some settings down, I can do somewhere between 60 and 144fps on pretty much all games at 1440p. I actually DO need an upgrade at CPU because that would improve the situation for me, as it would for you as well, but nobody is ever just right AT 144fps, and rarely do they exceed it unless they are running very high end hardware on lower settings and resolution, or a weak game that doesn't need high end hardware.

Your graphics card is more than enough for that. Your CPU is a bit weak for 144fps gaming on anything really demanding though, but even if you can manage something in the 75-144fps range, if you have some kind of sync panel it should do well enough.

tenukpcgame

Commendable
Sep 3, 2018
That totally depends, on a BUNCH of different factors, not least of which is whether or not your monitor has G-sync or is a G-sync compatible Freesync display.

If however you cannot EVER get near 144fps, regardless of settings and regardless of what game you are playing, then it's probably not worth it to pay more for a 144hz capable monitor HOWEVER, these days, MOST halfway decent gaming monitors WILL be 144hz anyhow.

What is the exact model of your monitor?

I have a 2060S and although I have to lower some settings down, I can do somewhere between 60 and 144fps on pretty much all games at 1440p. I actually DO need an upgrade at CPU because that would improve the situation for me, as it would for you as well, but nobody is ever just right AT 144fps, and rarely do they exceed it unless they are running very high end hardware on lower settings and resolution, or a weak game that doesn't need high end hardware.

Your graphics card is more than enough for that. Your CPU is a bit weak for 144fps gaming on anything really demanding though, but even if you can manage something in the 75-144fps range, if you have some kind of sync panel it should do well enough.

CQ27G2 AOC. Yes It support Gsync

Ok, so with G-sync enabled, it really shouldn't even MATTER, so long as you can maintain something, preferably, above 60fps. Anything between 44-144hz is supported so frame rates within those specs are technically supported as well HOWEVER that is a Gsync COMPATIBLE display, it isn't an ACTUAL G-sync display, so you will likely want to try and keep things between 60-144fps for the best chance of not encountering any sync related issues.