[SOLVED] Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 28, 2020
My motherboard: Asus H110M-A/M.2
My current RAM: G.Skill 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz F4-2133C15S-8GNT
The Ram I want to buy: Kingston DDR4 8GB 2133Mhz Non-ECC CL15 DIMM SR x8 PC17000
Question: Can (Kingston DDR4 8GB 2133Mhz Non-ECC CL15 DIMM SR x8 PC17000) fit my system and is it going to work without any problems?

Last edited:
Solution
What do you have installed now? RAM tends not to work unless you used matched sets. That means, if you intend to fill 2 slots then you must purchase the RAM as a factory matched set (2 (or 4) sticks in the same package). To do otherwise invites nothing but problems.
What do you have installed now? RAM tends not to work unless you used matched sets. That means, if you intend to fill 2 slots then you must purchase the RAM as a factory matched set (2 (or 4) sticks in the same package). To do otherwise invites nothing but problems.

Solution
Mar 28, 2020
I have G.Skill 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz F4-2133C15S-8GNT right now. If I want to add more 8GB to run it without any problems I need to buy another G.Skill 8GB DDR4 2133Mhz F4-2133C15S-8GNT ? I can't find the same one in my country so it's a problem. Should I just get new 16GB Ram instead and remove the 8GB I currently have?

Mar 28, 2020
To eliminate any potential problems you need to dump the existing stick of RAM and purchase a matched pair (2 sticks, factory matched). To do otherwise is to invite problems. Even 2 with the exact same part number are not an exact match.
Well then theres no choice and I have to buy 16GB. I'm thinking of buying Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4 2400Mhz CL16 will it match my motherboard?

You'd have to ask the motherboard manufacturer that question as they are the only ones that would have a definitive answer. However, the RAM you listed matches the specs published by the motherboard manufacturer and therefore will work just fine. You did read the motherboard's manual, right?

Djonito132

Reputable
Apr 26, 2020
You'd have to ask the motherboard manufacturer that question as they are the only ones that would have a definitive answer. However, the RAM you listed matches the specs published by the motherboard manufacturer and therefore will work just fine. You did read the motherboard's manual, right?
No one reads the manuals :D but they should

Status
Not open for further replies.