News Questionable Report Says AMD's Ryzen 4000 CPUs Will Be Built on TSMC's 5nm+

that's a fanboy dream or blue nightmare. Probably too hardcore to be true. Like 5nm base and 5+ for refresh 5 series is something I more reasonable unless apple did buy ALL OF IT, and they really had to either take 5+ or stay at 7.

Reactions: Makaveli

gg83

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2015
I think I read something about Apple cutting some its next gen process orders from TSMC. That would make even more 5nm available to other clients maybe. My interpretation of what Sue said was maybe we will see some mobile 5nm chips. So they would be called 5000? or 4000+?

JayNor

Reputable
May 31, 2019
That is a strange recount of their history. I don't recall AMD mobile going to 7nm first. I believe the new Renoir APUs are shipping 7nm a year behind their 7nm GPUs.

With that history, wouldn't you expect them to introduce 5nm on GPUs first?

MasterMadBones

Distinguished
My question to Tom's hardware is why they are reporting on rumours that they themselves think are questionable to begin with? Tom's Hardware is not a rumour mill medium like Wccftech or Moore's Law Is Dead.

Reactions: st379
I don't believe this for a second. If it were true, it would have been leaked LONG before now. Zen 3 is supposed to be released this year sometime and there's no way that they had time to do this. This sounds like FUD to me.