Question questiong on Overclocking FCLK (infinity Fabric) Ryzen 3900x for 3733mhz NOT 3600mhz

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
Hi everyone I am currently waiting for the rest of my parts to arrive and thought id dive in on asking peoples experience with this. Currently I see alot of reviews where I dont see people bothering to go past 3600mhz. My question is, if the infinity fabric is only overclocked to 1800mhz is the ratio only 1:1 ratio at 3600mhz? Do I need to overclock the infinity fabric to 1866 to to reach 3733mhz to keep a 1:1ratio before it goes into 2:1. I realize its a small margin but im just basically trying to squeeze as much as I can out of my rams without any prior experience in this area. Ive read alot and digested as much as I can but im just slightly confused why all these reviewers decided 3600mhz was going to be the way out of all this. Granted I realize too that because the cache (L3) is so large now memory doesn't have as much of an impact as prior generations of Ryzen. I still very much want to try and get the best out of the sticks of ram I purchased which are the Trident Royal 3200 cl14 (2x16) B die. Thank you for taking the time and I hope to hear back from any helpful info that might be achievable with my upcoming new build.

If I can overlock the infinity fabric to 1866 What else do I need to do to have it become stable so that I can overclock my memory to 3733mhz?

cpu: 3900x
overkill mobo: Aorus Xtreme
ddr4: CL 14 3200 Trident Royal (2x16gb)
future card : 2080 super.

Last edited:

freercurse

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2016
the reason why most people say theres not point going over 3600MHz is because at that speed and over it become very difficult to get a stable machine and certianly in this area no two systems are the same, meaning what working for one system that enabled it to run stable wont work for the other, it requires a lot of knowhow and trial and error. As you go higher the harder it is at 3600MHz the difficulty to payoff cuts off around that point.

so theoretically can the RAM go 3733 MHz, if its advertised to then yes. but it wont be easy and youll may need to go into the timing of the RAM, voltages, some really messy stuff

dphotog

Reputable
Feb 11, 2016
after reading some more comments and replies I may try indeed tighten the infinity fabric to 1900mhz and try for the 3733mhz Im told that 1800mhz is supposed to be the cap but some people with good boards/cpus were able to lock down 1900 so hopefully i win the silicon lottery and can tighten down the timings and infinity fabric rather than getting and probably the least amount of head room from trying to overclock the cpu on a 3900x

TRENDING THREADS