Question Questioning my CPU temp/ May cause bluescreen overheating

May 5, 2020
(Posted in another thread) But I really need some advice about the proper cpu temp and what it should be. Long story short I've been trying to figure out for a couple weeks why I'm getting blue screens and I'm starting to lean more toward the idea that it might just be overheating. Now before anything else I already opened it & cleaned it out thoroughly twice, so not a spec of dust is in there. all the fans work and are spinning, but yesterday when I came downstairs to another blue screen the error I keep getting is MACHINE_CHECK_EXCEPTION and when I turned it off and opened it up the motherboard, cpu fan heatsink almost everything felt pretty hot to the touch. The thing is I have my tower sitting in the bottom of my computer desk, that has a perfect space for a tower next to my leg and a door in the front that closes in front. It feels a little warm in there when I open that door but not too bad, I'm just trying to figure out basically if these issues are due to overheating... and basically the blue screens and freezing usually only seem to happen overnight (hasn't shut down on me ever). But I'm thinking about switching over to a basic liquid cooler, like maybe this one - ( https://www.newegg.com/evga-clc-120-cl11-liquid-cooling-system/p/N82E16835288013?Item=9SIA2F88M20972&Description=liquid cpu cooler&cm_re=liquid_cpu_cooler--35-288-013--Product&quicklink=true ) I have an older LGA1366 board and I don't want a crazy complex cooling system with the reservoir and many tubes because they look too crazy to install so this one looks simple and easy to install, but would it drastically decrease the temp ? Wondering if its worth it to buy because I only wanna get it if it'll help with the help, and I don't game on here or do anything too crazy. I'm posting a screenshot link of my CoreTemp specs here because I'm not sure what the ideal temp should be and if its getting too hot and overheating, so thats my current temp right now but couldnt see what it was when I got the blue screen earlier. Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks
https://ibb.co/LPxcbfN

May 5, 2020
Those temps are fine. Your BSODs are coming from something else. Before someone else asks, what are your full system specs including make and model of power supply?

Hmm really? Interesting, its seems pretty warm especially when I felt it, but ill trust that. Do you think maybe I should try replacing my Motherboard/CPU? not sure what to try now, I can't even run proper diagnostics on my SSD in case it's that
But my full specs are:

- APEVIA Jupiter ATX-JP1000W ATX12V SLI CrossFire 80 PLUS BRONZE 1000W Power supply ( Which I just replaced only 2/3 years ago so still fairly new by the way )
  • ASUS P6X58D-E Intel X58 ATX Motherboard
  • Samsung 840 EVO 2.5" MLC MZ-7TE1T0BW 1tb Solid state drive
  • Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Hard drive
  • SAPPHIRE Radeon RX 550 100414P4GL 4GB 128-Bit GDDR5 Video Card
and CPU Fan&heatsink the stock model that came with my i7-960

and not sure if you want the memory specs, I have a few different sticks on RAM, like different brands but 5 x 4gb and 1 x 2gb DDR3. I was told different brands of ram could cause some issues, but I wasnt sure if one of the DIMM slots could be defective in my board too
And also side note I already ran full diagnostics on my WD drive and came back clean, but I was having problems the drive was disappearing in my PC at 1 point