Question Questions about 144hz Monitors

patol

Prominent
Oct 27, 2018
I recently ordered a new MONITOR ACER 24" XF240HBMJDPR 144hz as I saw that it was very popular and had some very good reviews, it also includes G-Sync.

There is a couple of things I don't understand fully so I would appreciate any help with them.

1.If I don't get 144fps in a game but sometimes in games it drops to 100-130, this doesn't happen very often but still, will I be able to use the monitor below 144hz ? (refering to Apex Legends as it's a very taxing game)

2. I also have 2 other 60hz monitors that I usually use for browsing, Youtube watching etc... I've heard that having two different hz monitors creates some tearing on the main 144hz when gaming, is that still happening or has it been fixed already?

3. I feel like I should be getting more FPS in Apex (correct me if I'm wrong, or is there a setting limiting my GPU?) with my current set up:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-core Processor
GPU: MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti armor 8gb
Board: MSI X470 GAMING PLUS AM4 DDR4 ATX
Ram: 16gb DDR4

What can I do to increase the FPS other than change the in game setting which I've already done, could it be outdated drivers/windows 10? Or just that Apex requires crazy monster PCs?

If I was to replace a part in my PC to boost FPS which one would you guys recommend?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thank you

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS