Questions about 19" Dell LCDs (1901 & 1905)

I have a couple questions for those who have these two "UltraSharpe"
monitors.... I see they have 4 usb ports for connecting cameras, printers
and such, how is these ports connected to the computer itself, do you have
to run usb cables for each from the computer to the monitor.. (sorry if it
sounds like a dumb question but just can't figure how the Peripherals
connected to the monitor relays to computer.. Also how do you guys using the
AS500 Sound Bar like it and does the power and audio connect right to the
monitor also?? Thank you in advance...

Pinger wrote:
> I have a couple questions for those who have these two "UltraSharpe"
> monitors.... I see they have 4 usb ports for connecting cameras,
> printers and such, how is these ports connected to the computer
> itself, do you have to run usb cables for each from the computer to
> the monitor.. (sorry if it sounds like a dumb question but just can't
> figure how the Peripherals connected to the monitor relays to
> computer.. Also how do you guys using the AS500 Sound Bar like it and
> does the power and audio connect right to the monitor also?? Thank
> you in advance...

You get a usb cable with the monitor to that connects the monitor to 1 of
the usb ports on the PC at least that is how my 17 " Ultra sharp works. Now
I think the limit is 500 mA per port. I have a self powered Wacom Pen pad
connected to mine as well as a card reader (for camera) using the 2
underside ports on the side (harder to get to than the 2 side ports). Really
love the monitor and I'm thinking of adding a larger one down the road as a
second monitor.

As for the Sound bar I can't help much there but I think I read in the User
Guides at the Dell support site that it connects to your sound card and just
mounts to the monitor.

--

Joe Cilinceon

Joe Cilinceon wrote:

> <snip>
>
> As for the Sound bar I can't help much there but I think I read in the User
> Guides at the Dell support site that it connects to your sound card and just
> mounts to the monitor.

Correct!

Notan

USB, there are 4 usb ports available. There is also 1 smaller usb connector
which goes to the PC. With that one cable, all 4 usb's will work.

AS500, there goes a few cables, colored, to the pc to connect audio and
there is 1 power cable.

Pinger wrote:
> I have a couple questions for those who have these two "UltraSharpe"
> monitors.... I see they have 4 usb ports for connecting cameras, printers
> and such, how is these ports connected to the computer itself, do you have
> to run usb cables for each from the computer to the monitor..

One USB cable from the tower to the monitor (US 1905FP).