questions about 2 running wireless connections

Don Thor

Reputable
Sep 24, 2014
I Connect to the internet with a TP-Link WN881ND internal network card. I connect to the "free" wi-fi provided by the place I live, so there is no router or anything on my end of the connection. Basically, as I understand it, I am just a node on the "inside" of a 192.168.x.x Lan. As I am connecting to someone elses router, I have no control over the Lan that I am a part of. Although I have a 300Mbps network card, the best throughput (downloading) I can achieve is about 275 Kbps. Someone gave me a wireless usb network device which I hooked up and got connected to the internet.
So, I now have 2 connects, one running on 192.168.x.?3 and the other 2 addresses down from it. I just got a vpn account going which is working fine with my network card. My questions are: A few years ago I read about "load balancing" - combining 2 dial-up connections (two phone lines, two modems) for the increased bandwidth. Is there something I can do with my setup to do something like this? i.e. combine the two wireless network connections into one one "virtual" (and hopefully twice as fast) connection, with just one address so that I could point the whole thing at the vpn and download stuff through it. One last thing - can I point each of these interfaces at different tasks i.e. browse the web with one and download files with the other? How would I tell explorer to use wireless1 and say, an an ftp program, to use wireless2 I am currently running 64 bit Win7 and sometimes Linux in vmware . Thank you for your time.