[SOLVED] Questions about a pre-build offer

Nov 13, 2021
Hello! (from Peru - South America)

I'm looking to buy a PC for gaming for a friend, and I would like some help/advice o a few topics. I do have some basic understanding of components (I have already built a PC before but with assistance)

There is currently an offer in my country for a selection of the following components:

• Keep in mind that there are a lot of components that are just not available in my country, so I will let you know if your recommendation is not available here.
  • Dollar exchange rate increased 17-20% during the pandemic so, even small increments in price do affect the cost in my currency.

Price: $1250 (USD)
CPU: i5 10400F
GPU: RTX 3060 GIGABYTE EAGLE
RAM: 16GB T FORCE VULCAN Z 3200MHZ (8GB X 2)
MOBO: B560M A PRO MSI
PSU: 550W 80 BRONCE CORSAIR
SSD: 500GB M.2 KINGSTON NVME NV1
CASE: MX410 G COUGAR

• After looking at different sellers/websites in my area, I could buy the same components for $1470 so that's a big difference in my currency
  • My friend is most likely to buy a whole new PC in a few years instead of upgrading so (maybe 4-5).

My questions regarding this build:
  • Will going for a lower-speed RAM be advised? I understand that the 10400F has a 2666 cap on ram speed.
  • My friend has a 60hz 4k monitor, I know the 3060 is aimed more towards 1080p gaming so, is a 4k monitor able to display 1080p or 1440p correctly in case 4k is too much for the GPU?
  • Is the motherboard reliable? I'm not concerned about features. No need for wifi, USB C, or additional PCI slots. Just want to get a good one for what I have on the build.
  • About the Case, my friend could not care less about RGB but does about aesthetics. Any comments here? I will ask the vendor for other options just in case

The store can make any changes to the parts that I want if they have the components. But the price might not be as attractive. (it's not a huge store regarding variety, but it is a popular one).

Any comments regarding this build would be very much appreciated!

Reactions: Why_Me
Solution
Yes, anything over 2666mhz, with that CPU, or any i5 that is compatible, is a waste unless the price is the same as for the lower speed kit. So, paying more for that memory kit would not be worth it and you could likely shave a few dollars off by opting for a lower speed kit.

The power supply it comes with, is rather important. What is the ACTUAL model of the PSU that is included? If you don't know, I would take the time to ask the company or seller what the exact model is because it's the most important component in the system and there are multiple flavors of 550w bronze Corsair PSUs, and they are definitely not all created equal.

The 3060 is easily capable of mid to high 1440p gameplay if your expectations are 60fps. More if you...
Yes, anything over 2666mhz, with that CPU, or any i5 that is compatible, is a waste unless the price is the same as for the lower speed kit. So, paying more for that memory kit would not be worth it and you could likely shave a few dollars off by opting for a lower speed kit.

The power supply it comes with, is rather important. What is the ACTUAL model of the PSU that is included? If you don't know, I would take the time to ask the company or seller what the exact model is because it's the most important component in the system and there are multiple flavors of 550w bronze Corsair PSUs, and they are definitely not all created equal.

The 3060 is easily capable of mid to high 1440p gameplay if your expectations are 60fps. More if you are willing to reduce a few settings a little further. For 1080p, it should be entirely capable of very good performance on high to ultra settings regardless of the game, for the most part. Might have to move a few sliders to the left, but not too much.

Considering that the RTX 3060 is selling for no less than 843.00 in the US, it seems like 1250 for the whole system isn't a bad price at all really but if you can get the same components for less by buying them individually you might be able to swap in a few better parts such as a better PSU and maybe a full ATX motherboard instead of a micro ATX board, since the ATX motherboard will tend to come with more and better features in most cases.

Solution
Nov 13, 2021
Thank you so much for taking the time to reply!

I believe it's a Corsair CV550 Bronze. I was just reading some comments that it is an entry-level PSU, but is it a bad one?

if you can get the same components for less by buying them individually you might be able to swap in a few better parts
I did look for all the components from different stores, and it would be $220 more if I get the parts individually. The main reason why I got my eye on it.

I Will ask more questions to the seller on Monday when they open.

Thanks!!!