[SOLVED] Questions about compatibility between a Gigabyte GTX 1660 OC 6G and my build

Nov 2, 2021
A friend of mine sold me a gaming pc without the GPU
This is the list of components:
  1. Motherboard: TUF Gaming X570 Plus (not the Wifi Edition)
  2. CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X
  3. CPU Fan: Freezer 34 esports DUO from Arctic
  4. RAM: 2 Dimms Trident Z NEO RGB DDR4-3600 8GB
  5. PSU: Pylon Bronze 750W (80 plus Bronze)
  6. SSD: Sansumg 970 EVO Nvme m.2
  7. Display: Acer VG240Y Pbiip (Amd Freesync compatible)
  8. Case: Cooler Master MASTERCASE H500P MESH WHITE ARGB
NOTE: All these are already assembled

To complete the build I was thinking in a Gigabyte GTX 1660 OC 6G (amazon link) but I have two questions:

1. ¿Are this GPU good or compatible for my build?
  2. ¿The Acer display (which is amd freesync compatible) could work or is compatible whith this GPU (which is not amd freesync compatible)?

Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.:first half of november
Budget Range: (e.g.: 400-650) After Rebates; Before Shipping
System Usage from Most to Least Important: (e.g.: gaming, surfing the internet, watching movies)
Are you buying a monitor: No
Parts to Upgrade: None
Parts to Buy: GPU
Do you need to buy OS: Yes
Preferred Website(s) for Parts: newegg.com, amazon.com
Parts Preferences: Gigabyte or Asus
Overclocking: No
SLI or Crossfire: No
Your Monitor Resolution: 1920x1080
Additional Comments: the most important for me is that the build be stable and second most important is decent gaming experience
And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: I need a GPU for completing the build.

Thanks in advance for yoru kind help!

Solution
D
For 1080p GTX 1660's are good cards. As for freesync it's possible that it will work with g-sync compatibility but that's is never a guarantee.

System wise everything will work fine imo. I am sure some power supply expert will tell you to replace your power supply to a better tier one but I don't see the need.

While NVIDIA does not certify it as G-SYNC compatible, FreeSync works on the Acer VG240YP with compatible NVIDIA cards as well, but you will need to get a DisplayPort cable as one is not provided with the monitor.

Link: https://www.displayninja.com/acer-vg240yp-review/
D

Deleted member 362816

For 1080p GTX 1660's are good cards. As for freesync it's possible that it will work with g-sync compatibility but that's is never a guarantee.

System wise everything will work fine imo. I am sure some power supply expert will tell you to replace your power supply to a better tier one but I don't see the need.

While NVIDIA does not certify it as G-SYNC compatible, FreeSync works on the Acer VG240YP with compatible NVIDIA cards as well, but you will need to get a DisplayPort cable as one is not provided with the monitor.

Link: https://www.displayninja.com/acer-vg240yp-review/

Solution