Question Questions about connected brains

Oct 12, 2021
Hello,

I'm surprised by the fact there is so few news about connected brains, i heard from Google and Neurolink that it was really well studied and maybe soon applied to voluntary, but i wanted to know if some people here knew more about this, because this looks really revolutionary to be a cyborg.

Best regards,
Tim Martal

Last edited:

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Human computer interface is still in its infancy. But you can find competent experiments going all the way back to early 90s.

Many paralyzed people have already volunteered for several studies over the years. However, the vast majority are simply using muscular impulses to perform simple actions.

I think the more promising studies have been done with advanced MRI techniques where they can study the workings of the brain non-invasively. Direct intervention means solving a lot of fundamental problems with long term implants, power sources, degradation of connecting tissues, etc. Almost every physical implant so far has been relatively temporary and requires bulky external equipment.

Still, probably a 100 years or more away from anything you would recognize as a true cyborg.

Replacement limbs are getting better everyday though, thanks mostly to 3d printing and the further miniaturization of sensors, batteries, and computers. Some pretty advanced prosthetics out there now.

Oct 12, 2021
Thank you for your answer, i'm not askins randomly because i'm actually looking for help since i think i'm officially a cyborg (not volontary of course). I have random conversations all day and a control of my brain by networking.

I'm not joking and would like to know if you knew a little more, because i'm pretty sure it's really from the 90s too

bignastyid

Titan
Thank you for your answer, i'm not askins randomly because i'm actually looking for help since i think i'm officially a cyborg (not volontary of course). I have random conversations all day and a control of my brain by networking.

I'm not joking and would like to know if you knew a little more, because i'm pretty sure it's really from the 90s too
I think you need to seek a Psychiatrist for some help.