Questions About Cooler Master HAF X

MrLawlessGaming

Reputable
Sep 26, 2014
I am planning on doing a custom build (http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/p/8dQfCJ) and I have some questions I hope I can get help with...
1) I am thinking of putting the HDDs in the Hot-Swap 5.25" bay slots and the SSD in the top 3.5/2.5" bay and removing all other 3.5" bays for increased airflow with front fan. Does this sound like a good idea?
2) Should I put a 2nd 200 mm top fan in as exhaust or is it unnecessary?
3)Since I am SLIing GTX 980s, should I use the included VGA bracket to support them?
4) If I use the VGA bracket, should I attach the optional 80 mm fan for cooling?
5) The case comes with VGA Air Duct as well. It supports a 120 mm fan for air directly to the GPUs. Should I use this or is it not needed?
6) Are the stock fans good or should I replace them with higher quality ones? If yes, could you suggest some?
Thank you!

Solution
1. Its what I have done with mine, though to make room for water-cooling gear. The 3.5" bays are riveted in, so you will need a drill to remove them, and putting them back in will be fair bit of work and require a rivet gun.
2. Probably not necessary.
3. Kind of whatever on this, it wouldn't really matter.
4. No. 80mm fans are loud and there's no need for it.
5. Not needed.
6. The 200mm ones are good, the rear 120mm is just a generic not too great one. Though I wouldn't be concerned about airflow, especially if your removing the 3.5" bays there should be no problem with airflow and the fan controller will deal with any noise issues.
1. Its what I have done with mine, though to make room for water-cooling gear. The 3.5" bays are riveted in, so you will need a drill to remove them, and putting them back in will be fair bit of work and require a rivet gun.
2. Probably not necessary.
3. Kind of whatever on this, it wouldn't really matter.
4. No. 80mm fans are loud and there's no need for it.
5. Not needed.
6. The 200mm ones are good, the rear 120mm is just a generic not too great one. Though I wouldn't be concerned about airflow, especially if your removing the 3.5" bays there should be no problem with airflow and the fan controller will deal with any noise issues.

Solution