[SOLVED] questions about Corsair 5000D airflow

GregoryHinojosa

Reputable
Oct 9, 2016
I'm looking into buying this case and am mostly confident in building a pc aside from installing the motherboard. Does anyone know if this case comes with the motherboard standoffs already installed for a standard atx motherboard to just drop it in no hassle? If not, can they easily be removed by hand or come with an adapter to remove them? The front of the case looks like it's intended for 3 120 fans but can also fit 2 140 fans. Will the 140mm fans be cutoff by the case case or will they still provide good airflow?

Solution
Standoffs are already preinstalled for ATX motherboards. They can be moved/removed by hand or adapter.
Careful not to strip them(standoffs), as it can make motherboard removal more difficult.

Will the 140mm fans be cutoff by the case case or will they still provide good airflow?
It's a little of both whether it's 120/140mm. The triangle grilles were more of a form decision, not a function one.
They could've done the same thing like the P500A, Lancool 2 Mesh, or H500(Cooler Master), but didn't. It's a minor thing though; I wouldn't let it stop me from using 140s if I wanted to.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Standoffs are already preinstalled for ATX motherboards. They can be moved/removed by hand or adapter.
Careful not to strip them(standoffs), as it can make motherboard removal more difficult.

Will the 140mm fans be cutoff by the case case or will they still provide good airflow?
It's a little of both whether it's 120/140mm. The triangle grilles were more of a form decision, not a function one.
They could've done the same thing like the P500A, Lancool 2 Mesh, or H500(Cooler Master), but didn't. It's a minor thing though; I wouldn't let it stop me from using 140s if I wanted to.

Solution

Latest posts